Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: the Kentucky Fried Thread

the Kentucky Fried Thread

New studies conducted at Stanford University indicate a clear link between the "mullet" hair-do, and high blood pressure. - Scientists believe that the high blood pressure may come from long periods of elevated stress levels caused by the feeling that everybody is laughing at you behind your back, because they think you can't afford a decent hair cut. - well ... that, coupled with the realisation that you don't recieve any discount for only getting 75% of an actual hair cut.

full story at 10.
    The more you know the less you need to show.

May you be filled with loving kindness.
    May you be well.
    May you be peaceful and at ease.
    May you be happy.

Its Big Jim Brown Line Backer for the Kansas City Chiefs!
    At a boy Luther!!!!

Thumbs up

It's been WAY too long since I rented Kentucky Fried Movie!
    Big egos are fragile.

Where the violent see only violence, the skillfull can see skill.

"You cannot solve a problem with the same level of thinking that existed when it was created." Albert Einstein

Rented? Heh, I've owned that movie for a decade or more. Every martial artist should have it for the excellent Enter The Dragon parody (you have our gwwwaatttitude!) and everybody else AND all martial artists should have it for Catholic High School Girls In Trouble. The rest of the movie is bonus material! And **** good bonus material at that!
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Unhappy

I have indeed been negligent. I'm so ashamed!
    Big egos are fragile.

Where the violent see only violence, the skillfull can see skill.

"You cannot solve a problem with the same level of thinking that existed when it was created." Albert Einstein

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    and wasn't it Jackie Chan's American debut??

what about "They Call me Bruce"?

any takers?

I thought it was pretty funny.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

fistfull of yen -- now that is goodness.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    yep

rtb, it's always nice when you come slumming over here at the regular forum
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Karate Fried Chicken

KFC is fairly successful in Asia because it's easier to get chicken than corn-fed beef (a basic requirement for most fast food hamburger chains). The KFC in China used to have a Col. Saunders statue outside with slanty eyes.

Subject: KFC Commissions Tasty Martial Arts-Inspired Mural to Launch All New Teriyaki Boneless Wings

KFC Commissions Tasty Martial Arts-Inspired Mural to Launch All New Teriyaki Boneless Wings

'Karate-Kickin' Colonel' Mural Painted with Special Ingredient to be Auctioned for Charity

LOUISVILLE, Ky., July 10 /PRNewswire/ -- To showcase the unique flavor of KFC's new Teriyaki Boneless Wings, Kentucky Fried Chicken challenged experiential artist Phil Hansen to create a one-of-a-kind mural of Colonel Sanders. To give the mural a tasty twist, Hansen used KFC's new boneless wings' Teriyaki sauce as his medium.

"When we saw Phil's work and his karate-style painting technique, we just knew he had to be involved in the launch of KFC's new Teriyaki Boneless Wings," said James O'Reilly, chief marketing officer for KFC. "After all, the distinctive taste of the new Teriyaki wings delivers a one-two punch -- restaurant-style flavor at an inexpensive price."

Karate Kickin' Colonel

It wouldn't be a KFC product without some sort of secret, and Hansen's mural is no different. Hansen, from Eden Prairie, Minn., employed a specially concocted 'paint' made from Teriyaki sauce to create an image that tastes as good as it looks.

Drawing inspiration from the Japanese martial art to reflect the origins of the Teriyaki sauce, Hansen used his unique 'karate-painting' technique by coating his hands and feet (and even his cheek at one point) in the 'paint' and karate chopping, kicking and head butting a wall-sized canvass.

A minute-long film posted on YouTube shows the mural's eight hour production in high speed, finally revealing Colonel Sanders in mid karate kick. To view the video, visit http://www.kfc.com/ or http://www.youtube.com/justanotherphil. The finished painting will be auctioned on eBay with proceeds benefiting Colonel's Scholars, a charitable program providing students nationwide with much needed college scholarships.

Teriyaki Boneless Wings, the latest innovation from KFC, are boneless 100% chicken breast, marinated and breaded in KFC's special seasonings and fried to crispy golden perfection. Then, they are fully dipped in KFC's Teriyaki sauce, the perfect balance of sweet and tangy flavors. The new Teriyaki Boneless Wings Combo (six boneless wings, potato wedges and a medium drink) will be available starting July 10 and priced at $3.99, plus tax. Prices may vary by location. To find the nearest KFC location, please visit http://www.kfc.com/.

About KFC

KFC Corporation, based in Louisville, Ky., is the world's most popular chicken restaurant chain specializing in Original Recipe(R), Extra Crispy(TM) and Colonel's Crispy Strips(R) with home-style sides, Honey BBQ Wings, and freshly made chicken sandwiches. There are more than 14,000 KFC outlets in more than 80 countries and territories around the world, serving some 12 million customers each day. KFC Corporation is a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc., Louisville, Ky. ( NYSE:YUM) .

First Call Analyst:
    FCMN Contact:

Source: KFC Corporation

CONTACT: Laurie Schalow of KFC Corporation, +1-502-874-8100,
    Laurie.Schalow@kfc.com; or Russ Dyer of Weber Shandwick, +1-312-988-2384,
    rdyer@webershandwick.com, for KFC Corporation

Web site: http://www.kfc.com/
    Here's Phil doing Bruce Lee.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Wow Gene. Thanks for posting this.

That guys stuff is INSANE!
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

This hurts my head on a Monday morning

It hurts my head because 1. this news even exists and 2. there's this perfect decade+ old thread on our forum for posting it.

KFC Japan Celebrates 'Colonel Day' With Fried Chicken Computer Accessories, Jewelry
    posted on 2014-09-04 22:00 EDT by Lynzee Lamb

If only there was a way to make computer keyboards and mice tastier, crunchier, and fried. KFC Japan is ready to fill the marketing void in chicken-based computer products with some limited edition items to celebrate "Colonel Day."

Colonel Sanders is celebrating his birthday, and on the auspicious day of its creator, KFC Japan is holding a Twitter campaign where participants have a chance to win one fried-chicken mouse, one keyboard with chicken keys, and one giant fried USB memory stick.

Tasty.

Tastier.

Tastiest.

The fast-food franchise is also giving away 47 pairs of fried-chicken earrings. In total, 50 winners will be chosen after the campaign ends on September 24.

To enter, Twitter users need to follow KFC, link to the campaign's promotional page with the hashtag “#KFCカーナルズデー” (“KFC Colonel's Day”).
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

If you only glance at it, that 'drumstick' looks a lot like something else, and it ain't a piece of chicken, unless it's chicken that's been eaten, digested and excreted. And can someone actually 'win' with earrings like that?

that chicken leg usb is FRIGGIN AWESOM

I NED PLS GIVE

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post

I NED PLS GIVE
    I too would like to have a chicken Leg USB drive.
    We get nothing like this here!

Dam U lucky Japan...

also kudos on the decade old necro thread ~G
    database is almost sentient at this point...geez
    Kung Fu is good for you.

KFC rules Asia

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post

I NED PLS GIVE
    I thought of you when I found this.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    also kudos on the decade old necro thread ~G
    database is almost sentient at this point...geez
    Thanks! Nothing like a little search engine fu to spit out all sorts of archived gems.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips