Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: the Kentucky Fried Thread

ttt 4 2014 (from last year)

dis 1 gotz bawang written all over it.

Fried chicken takeaway called 'Hitler' opens in Thailand and comes complete with logo of Nazi leader in a bow tie
    Bizarre restaurant opened last month in Bangkok
    Images of Hitler have also been seen on t-shirts in Thailand
    By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
    PUBLISHED: 04:54 EST, 5 July 2013 | UPDATED: 04:54 EST, 5 July 2013

Schoolchildren dressing up as Nazis and a billboard advert showing Hitler were just the start.
    Thailand's obsession with so-called 'Nazis chic' just won't go away - and now a fried chicken takeaway called Hitler - complete with a logo showing the Nazi leader in a bow tie - has opened its doors.
    The bizarre restaurant opened last month in Thailand and images of it are doing the rounds on Twitter as shocked customers take photos of the offensive eatery.

Bizarre: Thailand's obsession with so-called 'Nazis chic' just won't go away - and now a fried chicken takeaway called Hitler - complete with a logo showing the Nazi leader in a bow tie - has opened its doors

Image swap: The fascist dictator's head has been grafted onto the body of bow-tie wearing Colonel Sanders, the founder of KFC
    The fascist dictator's head has been grafted onto the body of bow-tie wearing Colonel Sanders, the founder of KFC.

Among the grub on sale includes fried chicken and chips, burgers and kebabs.

Londoner Andrew Spooner, who spotted the takeaway, tweeted: 'Very bizarre Hitler Fried Chicken shop in Thailand. I kid you not. Complete with pic of Hitler in bow tie.
    Alan Robertson, 43, who lives in Bangkok, said: 'The place opened last month and nobody quite knows what to make of it.
    'I went in for a bite last week and got some fried chicken, which was pretty good, and asked the guy behind the counter why it was called Hitler.
    'He just shrugged his shoulders and said the owners had thought it was good image.'
    Cartoon pandas, Teletubbies and Ronald McDonald have all been spotted on show around the capital Bangkok.
    The craze has seen more and more teenagers strutting around in T-shirts bearing cartoonish images of the Nazi dictator.

'Nazi chic': A shocking new trend has seen Bangkok flooded with cartoonish images of Hitler - including a popular design in which the dictator is merged with red-haired McDonalds mascot Ronald McDonald

Incongruous: Cartoon pandas and Teletubbies are among the characters merged with Hitler in the bizarre fashion trend. The designs feature a characteristic vicious expression and variety of Nazi symbols.

Popularised: Thai Shopkeepers admit that foreign tourists often complain about their Hitler kitsch merchandise - but say the t-shirts are extremely popular with young people

In a particularly popular design, Hitler is transformed into a cartoon Ronald McDonald, the fast-food chain's clown mascot, sporting a bouffant cherry-red hairdo and a stern look.
    On another T-shirt the Führer is shown in a lovely panda costume with a Nazi armband.
    In September 2011 in the northern city of Chiang Mai, a group of high school students showed up for sport day in homemade Nazi uniforms, complete with swastika armbands and toy guns.
    Leading them was a teenage girl dressed in a faux SS uniform with a fake Hitler mustache.
    Locals cheered the students merrily from sidewalks as foreign tourists reportedly looked on aghast.
    In 2009, a waxworks museum in the seaside resort town of Pattaya advertised itself with a giant billboard featuring the Führer with the legend in Thai: 'Hitler is not dead!'
    In 2007, hundreds of students at a Bangkok school staged a similar Nazi-themed costume parade.
    Following international outcries, teachers at both schools apologised, saying they had no idea the students had planned to dress up as Nazis.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

What happens when bawang dumps his gf

This one is for you again, buddy. In fact, this whole freakin thread is for you.

Lovesick Chinese woman, 26, dumped by boyfriend spends entire week in KFC
    Depressed Tan Shen, 26, from Chengdu, in China’s southwest Sichuan Province, decided she needed some fried comfort food to get over her ex
    Yahoo News – Tue, Oct 21, 2014

Central European News - Depressed: Tan Shen makes herself at home in KFC. (CEN)
    A lovesick Chinese woman dumped by her boyfriend spent an entire week in a KFC eating chicken wings.

Depressed Tan Shen, 26, from Chengdu, in China’s southwest Sichuan Province, decided she needed some fried comfort food to get over her ex.

She stopped off at a KFC near a train station by her home, but ended up staying for a whole week because she ‘needed time to think’.

Tan even phoned in sick to work to stay at the KFC, with her break-up clearly hitting her very hard.

She said: ‘I was walking around feeling miserable and decided to stop off at the KFC at the train station.

'I hadn’t planned on staying there long, I just wanted some chicken wings.

'But once I got in there and started eating I decided I needed time to think.

Tan Shen spent a marathon session in KFC because she 'needed time to think.' (CEN)

'I didn’t want to go back to my apartment because it was full of memories of him. So I stayed.'

After a few days employees at the chicken shop began to get concerned.

Worker Jiang Li Lung, 22, said: 'We work in shifts here and the restaurant is open 24 hours a day, so we get a lot of people coming through.

'At first no one really noticed her.

'But after a few days I began thinking she looked really familiar.

'Then I realised we had been serving her for the past three days and that she hadn’t actually left.

Tan Shen eventually left the KFC when she was approached by local media. (CEN)

'When we asked her if she was ok, she said she was and just needed time to think.

'And then asked for another box of chicken wings with extra large fries.'

He said the woman wasn’t doing anyone any harm so they let her stay.

He added: 'She was after all a paying customer, even if a bit of an odd one.'

After a week Shen decided she’d had enough when local media turned up and decided to write about her.

'I decided the best thing to do would be to leave the city and go back to my parents.

Tan Shen stayed in the KFC until she 'sick of the taste of chicken'. (CEN)

'I had already told work I was off sick, so phoned them and said I was leaving.

'And I was getting sick of the taste of chicken so there was no point in staying there anymore.'

She then boarded the next train to her parents' home in Quingdao city in east China’s Shandong Province and left.

Waitress Jiang Li Lung said: 'I guess we kind of miss her. It certainly made work more interesting.'
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    This one is for you again, buddy. In fact, this whole freakin thread is for you.
    This is what she looked like before eating KFC for a whole week

Name:  pic.JPG
Views: 1593
Size:  27.4 KB

This hurts my head on a Monday morning AGAIN!

F'ing KFC. It messes with our KFTC.

Retail More: KFC Fast Food
    KFC Just Released One Of The Most Ridiculous Fast-Food Menu Items Ever
    Ashley Lutz
    Jan. 26, 2015, 10:59 AM

KFC has introduced a hot dog wrapped in a cheese-stuffed chicken breast.

The so-called Double Down Dog has caused a stir on social media.

It appears to be a hot dog version of the infamous "Double Down," a sandwich that uses chicken patties in place of bread.

Zach Harper ✔ @talkhoops
    Follow

I need an adult RT @andytoddcook: Wut?
    6:10 AM - 26 Jan 2015
    Only 5o items are available at participating restaurants in the Philippines, according to an advertisement.

Kim Bhasin at Bloomberg spotted a photo of the real thing.

Kim Bhasin ✔ @KimBhasin
    Follow

This is the totally absurd KFC Double Down Dog, spotted in the wild. From @TheDaddest:
    7:22 AM - 26 Jan 2015

While this menu item is bizarre, it represents a few food trends.

Restaurants have been ramping up offerings of protein as more diners watch their carbs. Taco Bell released an entire menu of protein-heavy items last year.

And the Double Down Dog's popularity on social media is free advertising for KFC.

Here's a photo of the original Double Down.

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by -N- View Post
    This is what she looked like before eating KFC for a whole week

Name:  pic.JPG
Views: 1593
Size:  27.4 KB
    Hey, this is that sexy demon fighter girl from Journey to the west. I can't remember her name though.
    If she was chicken ... Heck, even if she's not chicken! lol

PS, don't tell my wife I am ogling, she gets upset and get's into the KFC.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

That's Shu Qi

Probably most remembered in the West for Transporter, but I think of her for Stormriders and So Close...and in the 'don't tell my wife' department, Sex and Zen II.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post

Probably most remembered in the West for Transporter, but I think of her for Stormriders and So Close...and in the 'don't tell my wife' department, Sex and Zen II.
    well, she's lovely.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

KFC chips

Just like the cherry blossoms, KFC potato chips return to Japan this spring!
    Casey Baseel 23 hours ago

Last year, something beautiful came to Japan. It was only here for a short while, but in that time, it left a deep impression on many people, including us here at RocketNews24. And while we were sad to see it go, it’s time to dry our tears, because this spring, it’s coming back again!

So, all excited for cherry blossom season? That’s great, but what we’re actually talking about right here are Kentucky Fried Chicken-flavor potato chips.

Once again, Japanese snack company Calbee is teaming up with the world’s most famous fast food fried chicken outfit. Whereas last year’s version was billed as “Colonel’s Crispy-flavor,” this new batch of fried chicken-inspired fried potato slices emulates the taste of KFC Japan’s honenashi Kentucky paripari umashio, or Boneless Kentucky Crunchy Delicious Salt flavor.

We’re a little puzzled by the “Boneless” part of the product name, since we don’t recall any bone-like flavors in the KFC chips we tried last year. In more specific terms, Calbee says the chips draw out the natural deliciousness of chicken with a simple mixture of salt and pepper, so you can be assured that they make use of at least those two of Colonel Sanders’ 11 herbs and spices.

In a rarity for Japanese snack foods, Calbee is leaving pricing up to individual retailers. The larger, 83-gram bags are available exclusively at Japanese convenience stores starting March 2. A smaller 58-gram bag will go on sale March 16, and both packages will include a coupon for a discount on an order of Boneless Kentucky Crunchy Delicious Salt chicken at KFC locations in Japan, in case munching on the chips has you craving the real deal.

In another similarity to the cherry blossoms, though, the new KFC chips will be gone come mid-April, so if you’re planning to pair them with some Kentucky bourbon, you might want to check now to make sure you have ice in the freezer.

▼ Unless you’re planning to drink straight from the bottle

Source: Entabe via Peachy, Hachima Kiko
    Top image: Calbee
    Insert image: RocketNews24

Why does KFC get its own thread here? bawang?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I knew this was fake...

...because if any Colorado Fast Food chain started selling weed, it would be Taco Bell first.

Sorry, KFC isn't going to be selling weed in Colorado restaurants

At least not anytime soon
    CHRISTOPHER HOOTON Wednesday 04 March 2015

The internet has been salivating at the prospect of getting stoned and eating fried chicken this week, after reports circulated that KFC is to become a marijuana dispensary as well as a restaurant.

A story on Racket Report claimed that with tax revenue from sales of the drug being so high in Colorado, KFC wanted a piece of the action, with the added benefit that its chicken would see a boost in sales thanks to the munchies.

It looks to be false for several reasons however:

- Racket Report has carried a lot of hoax stories in the past

- KFC hasn't mentioned marijuana on its official news page

- Marijuana sales are currently cash only which would make things tricky for the chain

- Marijuana is still in somewhat of a legal grey area and probably not crystal clear enough for a giant brand to start slinging it

- KFC doesn't even sell alcohol, so they'd really be jumping in at the deep end A mock-up of how a KFC dispensary might look on Racket Report

While weed might not be hitting KFC any time soon, with sweeping legalisation in the US this sort of thing is inevitable.

Only yesterday, Ben & Jerry's said they'd be up for creating cannabis-infused ice-cream once it's completely legal.

Update: KFC confirmed it. Not happening.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

This has bawang written all over it...

KFC Japan adds more breast to their chicken with ‘sexy’ new LINE character
    Jessica
    8 hours ago

We all know Japan likes to have a character for just about everything, and we also know the country has a long history of sexualizing things that really don’t need to be. So KFC Japan’s new mascot character of a sexy anthropomorphized chicken with huge boobs should surprise no one. And yet, I confess myself surprised. Or maybe creeped out is a better way of putting it.

The character is promoting KFC Japan’s new boneless chicken pieces and is part of a set of free stamps for the popular messaging app LINE which can also be used as coupons at the fast-food restaurant.

As you can see, the booby chicken is the main star, but there’s also a male chicken character—with a bone, naturally—and a very pervy-looking cartoon Colonel Sanders.

The characters even have a whole backstory. The male hunk of meat is Momofu (roughly “thigh guy”), while she’s Muneko (“breast girl”). Apparently, they are a newly married couple. He proposed to her with a manly hone-don (a play on the kabe-don meme using the word “hone” or “bone”) and she keeps things hot and heavy with her sweet sayings and poses.

I’m not sure there could be anything more wrong with this, unless they wanted to add a touch of cannibalism by having Momofu and Muneko themselves chow down on some KFC. But then again, the campaign has just started, so maybe that’s down the line. And it wouldn’t really surprise me either.
    I find it rather disturbing. It'll probably give me nightmares.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Kentucky Fried Thread.... Kentucky Fried Movie

Did anybody else ever see this movie. slap-stick comedy. late 70's/ maybe early 80's. some short clips-

https://youtu.be/NKVXAftwLso

https://youtu.be/Lydiy-VcB_4

zinc oxide skit-

https://youtu.be/DaDJdHPykEA

mutant chickens

KFC sues 3 Chinese companies over '8-legged chicken' rumors

Fast food operator KFC is demanding 1.5 million yuan in compensation from three Chinese companies accused of spreading false information about its food through social media.

One of the most damaging and disgusting of these claims is that the chickens used in Colonel Sanders' greasy buckets o' meat are genetically modified to have six wings and eight legs, KFC said in an announcement posted to its website. Obviously, the company has denied this.

Shenzhen-based Yingchenanzhi Success & Culture Communication Ltd., Shanxi Weilukuang Technology Company Ltd. and Taiyuan Zero Point Technology Company have all been accused of spreading the rumors through WeChat, and Shanghai Xuhui District People's Court will be taking on the case against them, Associated Press reports. Aside from the 1.5 million yuan, KFC is asking that all three companies make an apology... and mean it, **** it!

Similar rumors about KFC's "mutant chickens" surface on US social media sites every so often and are continually disproven.

Still, the company has seen no shortage of scandal, especially in China. Yum! Brands, the company behind KFC and Pizza Hut, is still doing damage control after 2012 reports about the eateries purchasing chickens pumped with antibiotics and unapproved growth hormones. Last year's expired meat controversy didn't help matters at all.

And let's not forget about this little incident (not really a nationwide scandal—we just like to gross you out).

Fortunately for the company, this is China, where you can get 16-year-old teenagers detained for spreading all the other "inaccurate" information online.
    8 legged chickens - the ultimate GMO
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Rat - extra crispy

Can I get all white meat on that?

Horrified Man Finds ‘Deep Fried Rat’ In His KFC Bucket
    BY : SAM RIDGWAY | 17 JUNE 2015 |

Devories Dixon
    A man from California was horrified when he sat down to eat his KFC takeaway and discovered what he thought to be a ‘deep fried rat’.

Devorise Dixon was tucking into a box meal in Wilmington, California, when he realised that one of his breaded chicken pieces had a ‘tail’ and looked somewhat like a rodent.

At first, he thought it was just a strangely shaped bit of chicken, but on further inspection, he believed it to be a genuine rat.

Speaking to the Mirror, KFC bosses stated that no evidence was found to support Dixon’s claims, but did not confirm exactly what the food was.

Dixon took the above photos and posted them on his social media, before bagging up the ‘rodent’ and putting it in his freezer.

Devories Dixon

Speaking about the incident, a KFC spokesperson said:

This happened in the US and, following an immediate investigation, no evidence was found to support this claim.

Food safety is our highest priority worldwide and we take allegations of this nature extremely seriously.
    Whether it’s a rat, or just some unfortunately shaped chicken, I think I’ll be swerving the fried variety for a short while.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

i had uighur serve me rat kabab and that is just a piece of chicken.

LAWSUIT INCOMING

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

That was surprisingly well played bawang

Turns out it was chicken after all.

Mystery of the rat-shaped KFC chicken is solved: It's a bird
    Customer say KFC served me 'finger lickin' rat

A Los Angeles man says KFC served him a fried rat. KFC says it's a hoax.
    By Veronica Rocha

Independent lab test shows 'finger-lickin' rat' was actually a piece of chicken
    That rat-shaped piece of chicken is most definitely chicken meat, KFC says
    KFC is asking for an apology after man claims fried piece of chicken was a rat

A now-viral photo of a piece of KFC chicken that resembled a crispy, fried rat drew skeptics and shocked others on social media.

Many wondered if it was a golden piece of chicken or a fried rat, as Los Angeles resident Devorise Dixon claimed.

The photo showed a large rat-shaped piece of chicken attached to a longer string of fried breading, appearing to be a tail.

Now the results are in.

A third-party independent lab tested the suspicious meal and determined it was undoubtedly a piece of hand-breaded chicken–an assertion KFC stood firm on.
    Man claims he got served fried rat at KFC

KFC says Los Angeles man's claim that he was served a fried rat at a KFC restaurant is a hoax. (KFC)

KFC is now sorta asking for an apology.

“The right thing for this customer to do is to apologize and cease making false claims about the KFC brand,” KFC said.

It’s unclear whether Dixon will apologize or move forward with any legal action. Dixon retained an attorney, who agreed to turn over the piece of chicken to the lab, KFC said.

Dixon, they said, has refused to communicate directly with KFC officials.

On June 12, Dixon posted the photo on Facebook, and within hours an investigation was launched.

Dixon claimed to have purchased the meal at a KFC at Wilmington Avenue and 120th Street, but the restaurant owner said security video doesn’t show him as an actual customer.

From the beginning, KFC said Dixon’s claim was a hoax.

On Wednesday, the company released a photograph showing various angles of the chicken. It appears a bite was taken from the rat-shaped piece, exposing white meat.

But Dixon said last week he knows what he bit into.

“Honestly, it doesn’t matter what others think I know what I bit into and what it looks like never in life have .. seen a chicken strip with a long tail,” he wrote.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips