Thread: Does fighting raise testosterone level ?

Does fighting raise testosterone level ?

Hey, I was wondering, does all this fighting/sparring/training/workout do something to your testosterone level ? I'm just wondering cause all the longterm students at my place have all the scientific signs of high testosterone production (big jaws etc.. I saw it on National Geographic ) This could be a coincidence for sure, but does it have any effect on the testosterone production ?
    If you know of any good Sanshou movies on the web, let me know through PM !

Thumbs up

"Hey, I was wondering, does all this fighting/sparring/training/workout do something to your testosterone level ? I'm just wondering cause all the longterm students at my place have all the scientific signs of high testosterone production "
    Iīd say definitely.
    Aerobic exercises like you mentioned,and especially weightlifting cause tst. release and reach their peak after the exercise (of course other hormones-growth hormone kick in)
    While it is far too brave (if not stupid) to say that ppl with high levels of testosterone do look for similar activities/do well in them,it has been suggested that they may do well in such (and yes,if you hear someone say that testosterone "produces agression"-practice skepticism)
    According to new neuroscientifical studies,it also influences the brain in ways never considered before (possibly affecting memory etc.) which you did not want to know though...
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Castle,

Do you remember where you found that information?

I'd like to read the article on memory.
    Surrender yourself to nature and be all that you are.

Thumbs up

Unfortunately itīs a secret.

Letīs see...here!
    http://apu.sfn.org/content/Publicati...stosteron.html

(I truly recommend this site,in general,for any neuroscience geek it will bring plenty of warmth)

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Castle,

Thanks!
    Surrender yourself to nature and be all that you are.

Thumbs up

"Castle,

Thanks!"
    At your service.

Tzu,you did not delete a reply did you? I could swear I saw one... (I must be really bored )
    A small sip of of high quality wine at times can be even beneficial for your brain but as in fighting,not to be taken in great amounts.

-FC, summer of 2006-

Lol, I did not .... nono I did I thought he said it was BAD for the brain, but then I read the article and noticed how stupid my post was, so I quickly deleted it
    If you know of any good Sanshou movies on the web, let me know through PM !