Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate MATRIX: RELOADED thred (Major Spoilers)

Cool the matrix 2 cant wait

I cant wait for that movie to come out, isn't it the coolest flick you have ever seen?

Even though some of the actors dont have much martial arts ability that movie has great action scenes and even more intresting a good storyline. I mean does anyone no that alot of the stuff in that movie relates to Gnosticism and Buddhism, just go to whatisthematrix.com and look under the matrix philosohophy and you will find all that and more, that is if your a die hard fan like me. but anyway cant wait for the matrix reloaded and revolution to come out.

I've seen clips from it. looks good! and there's also swordfighting in it.
    Do you know when it comes out?

May 2003 supposedly and the cool thing is that the next one after that one the matrix revolution will come out 4 months after reloaded which means you wont have to wait forever for the next matrix continuance. Im happy

Matrix = Sominex.

But I know I'm in the minority on this one.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Originally posted by Chang Style Novice Matrix = Sominex.
    So you're saying you find it dull?

I don't think it's dull, but I didn't find it to be as great as
    everyone seems to think it was. The first half was something
    of a fun, yet unremarkable, cyberpunk plot. The second half
    was, "ok now that we know what's going on, let's go beat
    up some bad guys in an amazingly unfair fight." I enjoy it,
    but it wasn't great. Keanu is obviously leaning on the wires
    in some scenes and that spoils a lot of the kung fu enjoyment.
    That, and it didn't have much replay value.

I'm more likely to see the matrix movies than a lot of other films
    due to come out this year.

Truthfully, I thought it was just okay. The yuen woping stuff was cool enough, but I don't get really excited about most special effects, and although the 'bullet time' stuff was pretty novel, I didn't find it very dramatic in the story. All the philisophical stuff just struck me as pretty silly, and considering they basically invited you to interpret the whole picture as a drug trip in Keanu's mind, that reading makes a lot more sense. Especially since Keanu Reeves does 'dazed stoner' a lot better than he does 'man of great and mysterious wisdom.'

I'll watch the sequels for the eye candy (which will doubtless be tremendous, since the budget has gone through the roof, and the Wachawskis definitely have a knack for it.)

But on the whole, "Bound" is a better movie.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

What I wonder is the bullet time effect. If memory serves me well, I think bullet time was used first in the movie Lost in Space when they entered light speed. It shows 1 or 2 of the members jumping into each other's arms and the camera zooms around them and freezes. I remember this because everyone in the theatre was like "WOAH COOL!" because they didn't understand why they froze (theory has it when you enter light speed, time slows down to such an extent that time around you travels very fast while you do not age. Hence why when they exited light speed they were in the future by like 15 years.)

And it was also used in the movie Wing Commander, same concept, they entered a hyper space jump point and time froze as the camera moved around. However I think this movie came out just after The Matrix. Lemme check

Edit:
    Ok, according to this site (NOT IMDB rubthebuddahs), Wing Commander came out BEFORE The Matrix

http://www.movie-list.com/w/wingcommander.shtml
    http://www.movie-list.com/m/matrix.shtml

But according to this article on MSNBC, they make it out as if The Matrix was the first to use bullet time (do Ctrl+F and type bullet)
    http://www.msnbc.com/news/850165.asp?

Nothing from the movie has been swiped as often as “bullet time,” the dazzling FX trick in which the camera appears to **** 360 degrees around a central image. It was jammed into “Charlie’s Angels” and parodied in “Shrek” and “Scary Movie.” If you watched the Super Bowl last year, you saw a crude version of it on Fox, which used the technology (cleverly, for a change) to show big plays from numerous angles. At first, Silver says, the Wachowskis were tickled by the copycatting, but soon they began noticing fight scenes—like the one in “Charlie’s Angels”—that were shot exactly like theirs.
    Um ok...but it was used before The Matrix, so I guess you can say they copied other movies. I'd write to MSNBC and tell them my argument but they wouldn't give a ****.
    Last edited by PHILBERT; 01-19-2003 at 10:08 PM.
    I have a signature.

I'm pretty sure the Wachowski Bros 'invented' bullet time. Take a look at the DVD special features.

Oh yeah - Bound was a great move too. It used some great bullet photography in one scene.
    Adam Stanecki - Practitioner of common sense.

"Think for yourself. Question authority." - Timothy Leary

Fluid Fitness - www.fluidfitness.com.au
    Dominance Mixed Martial Arts - www.dominance.com.au

So if they invented it, why was it used in Lost in Space 2 years before the release of The Matrix?
    I have a signature.

I think I first saw bullet time in Gap commercials where people were dancing in khakis.

Matrix was pretty okay. when you watch a lot of kungfu movies, American action can look a bit dull. Matrix Reloaded had better be innovative to be good because everyone has been copying the first one.

Isn't there some wushu guy supposed to be in Reloaded? Jet Li and Michelle Yeoh turned it down, then I heard they wanted to get the bad guy from Bodyguard from Beijing in it.

Cool

His name has changed a few times (Ngai Sing, Siu Lung, etc...), sometimes known as Cho Siu Lung. Not a wushu guy per se, he's actually a Taiwanese Opera guy (with some TKD training) that moved to Hong Kong to join Sammo Hung's stunt team back in the eighties. Worked in various HK films, Jet Li's 'Body Guard from Beijing', etc...

Originally posted by PHILBERT
    So if they invented it, why was it used in Lost in Space 2 years before the release of The Matrix?

Hey, I'm only going by what was said in the docos.
    Perhaps they invented a new method?
    Egad, I dunno.
    Adam Stanecki - Practitioner of common sense.

"Think for yourself. Question authority." - Timothy Leary

Fluid Fitness - www.fluidfitness.com.au
    Dominance Mixed Martial Arts - www.dominance.com.au

Think about it, "Bullet time." Why "Bullet" time? Because it slows down and you can see the bullets. where there any slow motion bullets in Lost in Space or Wing Comander?

Personaly, I though the Matrix was a great film. I can't wait to see the sequal.
    I am nothing.

Reloaded

well for anyone who missed in durring the superbowl...the latest preview

"Bullet Time" was created for the MAtrix, although I am not sure if the Wachowski bros get the credit or not. Before that, the gap commercials had their own brand of it, but it doesn't work like the bullet cam does.