Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate MATRIX: RELOADED thred (Major Spoilers)

Braden Guest
    The scene in Bound where the guy's blood splashes into the white paint is great. That movie had incredible direction.

Momento is another great Joe Pantoliano movie.

Yeah, the blood and white paint scene in cinematic genius.
    Adam Stanecki - Practitioner of common sense.

"Think for yourself. Question authority." - Timothy Leary

Fluid Fitness - www.fluidfitness.com.au
    Dominance Mixed Martial Arts - www.dominance.com.au

Talking matrix 2 spoiler

ladies and gentlemen if you caught the mtv matrix thingy, then you would know that jet li is in the matrix reloaded i know, i know i was shocked too, and a little ****ed cause it would've been a good shock to see him in it after everyone thought he wasn't.

it's not jet, it's a guy who looks somewhat like him. He's the oracle's bodyguard, and it was the role Jet was going to be cast for but turned down. The guy is a wushu practitioner.

Yeah, it wasn't Jet, I think you were hallucinating, or may be the matrix has you, and you can't tell what reality is from a fragment of program. lol.
    Milia Macerusk

Something to think about...

In the first matrix, trinity tells neo to "follow the white rabbit", which is just one of the references to Alice in wonderland. But, if you remember Alice in wonderland, The rabbit leads alice deeper into the dream world, not out of it.

Also, morpheus is named after the greek god of dreams.

Coincidence, or are the directors setting up the plot for the third installment?

Edit: here's alittle more on morpheus from Ovid's "Metamorphoses",

"King Sleep was father of a thousand sons -
    indeed a tribe - and of them all, the one
    he chose was Morpheus, who had such skill
    in miming any human form at will.
    No other Dream can match his artistry
    in counterfeiting men: their voice, their gait,
    their face - their moods; and, too, he imitates
    their dress precisely and the words they use
    most frequently. But he mimes only men..."
    Last edited by shaolin kungfu; 05-11-2003 at 01:14 AM.
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

So the city of Xion or whatever, and destructive reality could also be the dream?? lol. Great, a 2nd matrix, hmmm I wonder if this thing should continue in a cycle..... What's the real world then Obviously it cant be a world where humans too have almost unlimited powers like Neo. And I always pondered, in the concept of Matrix, where do people go after they die or shall I say "expire" and the ions in the battery dissipate What, it's a very anti-religion plot? lol.

Anyway, in order for you to notice that, Im guessing you read it off somewhere, or you worship Matrix to notice something explicit and and almost subliminal. Even geniuses have more important stuff to invest their mind on, hehe.
    Milia Macerusk

I read the alice in wonderland bit off somewher. I got to thinkin' and came up with the Morpheus bit on my own. Thats just what happens when my mind drifts. didn't really take any time.
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

*Super huge plot twist spoiler, highlight to read*

Time Magazine did a report (yes TIME) on the Matrix Reloaded, including the plot to the ending. It ends with Neo meeting the Archetecture, who says he designed the Matrix, and that Neo is a false prophet and not The One. In fact, Neo is the SIXTH time The One was found. The SIXTH time the Matrix was made. The SIXTH time Zion rebelled against the machines, it is all just a game created by the mom of the Matrix, the Oracle.

End Spoiler
    Last edited by PHILBERT; 05-14-2003 at 12:42 PM.
    I have a signature.

Just Saw IT!!!

PHILBERT:
    That spoiler you posted is almost how the movie plays out. However there are nuiances that need to be resolved in M3.

Keanu actually looks good busting out his Kungfu... Wonderfull camera work in relation to fight scenes... and a chinese weapon extravaganza!!!

Some scenes where filmed in Oakland (where I live). I've driven parts of those freeways.. . otherparts where the custom freeway they built for the film...

SPOILER:

Somebody dies!!!

Matrix 2 was a festering pile of cow turd. Success is the deathknell of many creative individuals as they forget the importance of an editor (see Lucas, George, Rice, Anne, Spielberg, Steve, etc.)

Sadly, Matrix 2 continued this trend with a bloated, convoluted, cobbled plot that raised a lot of interesting ideas that were never followed through on, and followed through on a lot of pedestrian ideas no one cared for. Dialog was wooden, repetive, and more parody than acting. Fight scenes suffered from obvious doubles (Neo looked visibly Asian in some scenes) and CGI use (like a video game character in others), and uninspiring choreography (nothing we haven't seen in a dozen other wire-fu movies).

There was much grumbling at the end by the audience.

What a waste.

That's what people said about Empire Strikes Back, until they saw Return of the Jedi.

This is the 2nd act of a 3 act play. Only once all the pieces are put together can you judge the whole.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

And thats what they say about Attack of the Clones, when after seeing AotC, The Phantom Menace seemed 10 times cooler (except for Jar Jar and that whiney bastard Anakin.)

Hey, after I typed it, I remembered, Anakin is a bast
    ard! hahaha
    I have a signature.

To the Matrix-hater, dude, it's a movie, get over it. If you like being a critic, then go write columns, but I bet you'll find most "paid" critiques (sell outs) praise it anway. So dont like what u see? Who cares! It's a friggin movie, not a doctrine for the world's fate!
    Milia Macerusk

The real bummer is dishing out 7-10 bucks (doubled if you've got a "date") plus munchies Money... And not having a good time...

has anyone else seen it yet?