Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Rene - HFY Champion!

I hadn’t planned on coming back to the forum today. But I was really disturbed to find out that the two beautifully crafted and very witty (if I say so myself) posts, could not be found on this thread!!

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I think they were DELETED! Yes, you read right folks….DELETED! Is there no freedom of expression on this forum?! If posts can arbitrarily be deleted. Then perhaps someone is selectively deleting posts to put the wrong message across. Perhaps all the misunderstanding and confusion about HFY is a product of selective DELETION! Makes you wonder doesn’t it?

2. Originally posted by Mckind13
    Tanks Tony Tanks

David
    La la, la-la la la laaaaaaa

A tan sao, it's a beautiful ting..

La la, la-la la la laaaaaaa

Sihing38, Sihing38

Ey! ba de boom, ba de bing!

Don' be makin' fun of us Italians, Davey! (LOL)

Does this post need to go on? Is anyone truly benefiting from this? Are you guys getting off on it? If someone is TRULY interested in HFY why would they come here? Honestly. If you were TRULY interested in knowing more wouldnt calling or emailing a rep be better? Make an appointment or something maybe. I always thought to completely understand anything in kung fu, ideas have to be transfered through mind and HANDS. I for one wish this post would just die. I hope there are more like me. I dont feel anything will be resolved.

Peace
    Last edited by Sandman2[Wing Chun]; 05-21-2003 at 11:41 AM.

Alpha Dog

I was going to say Dats great Tony but I thought I might offend animated Tigers :P

Bye

fau kiu kiu sau

Grinding Hands,
    who could argue with what you say.

Mckind13,
    You asked for change to use the phone I offered you a calling card and you refused. If you want rene ritchie answers you are asking the wrong person. Let me say this in the most sincere manner possible if you take the time to research in depth (there is a lot there and when you think you have it you may want to research some more and rethink it) the question I gave you I guarantee will grow your kung fu. If not you may get an answer to your question but that may be all you get.
    Tony Jacobs

ng doh luk mun fa kin kwan

"...Therefore the truly great man dwells on what is real
    and not what is on the surface,
    On the fruit and not the flower.
    Therefore accept the one and reject the other. "

World Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kung Fu Association
    Southern Shaolin Kung Fu Global Discussion Forum

Originally posted by linebacker
    I hadn’t planned on coming back to the forum today. But I was really disturbed to find out that the two beautifully crafted and very witty (if I say so myself) posts, could not be found on this thread!!

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I think they were DELETED! Yes, you read right folks….DELETED! Is there no freedom of expression on this forum?! If posts can arbitrarily be deleted. Then perhaps someone is selectively deleting posts to put the wrong message across. Perhaps all the misunderstanding and confusion about HFY is a product of selective DELETION! Makes you wonder doesn’t it?
    I have no doubt they were so beautifully crafted and witty that they were removed out of jealousy. Relevance to the thread certainly doesn't seem to matter, so it wasn't for that reason.

Would you believe it, some of my best posts get deleted against my will. At least it shows somebody cares about this thread. Rene is not carrying all the weight it seems.

Could be Canadians (Rene is one) striking out against today's ban on Canadian beef with Bovine Spongiaform (sp?) Encephalitis (BSE). Yeah, that's likely it.

Blame Canada!

Regards,
    John Weiland
    "Et si fellitur de genu pugnat"
    (And if he falls, he fights on his knees)
    ---Motto of the Roman Legionary

"Aim at Heaven and you will get earth 'thrown in': aim at earth
    and you will get neither." --C. S. Lewis

Linebacker,

The wing chun threads are indeed moderated by Sandman. He has certain "rules of thumb" that posters must follow or else they risk deletion. He has published this list several times. While freedom of expression is a wonderful thing in principle, this forum tries to go beyond that by encouraging tactful, considerate behavior. I would venture to guess that most people support this. Just because a post is witty and well crafted doesn't guarantee that it is not insulting or in violation of the moderator's guidelines.

As to a link to HFY and conspiracy theory, I don't believe that Sandman has any ties to HFY. But if you feel he is being selective or unfair, you could certainly take it up with him off-line. He seems to be pretty rational.

Lastly, the issue of the "misunderstanding and confusion" about HFY is a tough one. In situations such as this one, there are usually several complex reasons for encountering difficulty in communications. But keep in mind that this is not unique to HFY. There are many posters that I rarely understand. The way they express themselves is very unique and usually completely baffles me. But I don't expect them to change the way they (or their kung fu families) communicate just so that I can understand them. Rather, I try to get whatever I can out of what they say and be grateful for the exchange. Following these threads is very time consuming and contributing to them takes even more effort, so I value their contributions.

Anyway, I hope you find future threads more valuable. What would make the subject of HFY more interesting to you? Threads with more technical knowledge but fewer technical/philosophical terms? More examples? More threads with Rene's approach? Just curious. Thanks...

Andy Kalish

Andy ... a voice in the wilderness!

If you can address any of the questions posed earlier on in this thread, that would be terrific. Most especially if it can help put any of them to rest.

Still, if time, patience, or other factors preclude it, I can understand. It will be nonetheless comforting to know your rational voice is not far off.

Warm Regards,
    - Kathy Jo

P.S. It does seem that the vernacular has gotten in the way a bit. Given your background in multiple systems, perhaps you could help bridge some of that techno-jargon communications gap. (Like you did the last time. )
    Last edited by kj; 05-20-2003 at 07:29 PM.

Hi Linebacker

Yeah, my posts was deleted. I am starting to think there IS a conspiracy . LOL.

Tom
    Tom
    The best investment is in the tools of one's own trade - B Franklin
    Mirrors should reflect a little before throwing back images. -J Cocteau
    The mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools. -Confuscius
    Do Not become a slave to your model. -V Van Gogh
    It is a capitol mistake to theorize before one has data -A Conan Doyle
    Get youfacts first, then you can distort them as much as you please - M Twain
    Don't Be greedy, Don't be afraid -K Chung

Bye- here's your rope

Hi all,

I am poking my head up yet once again while the cost is clear. Unfortunatly this thread reminds me of current events in Afgahnistan and Iraq, Nooffense meant to any one with ties there or a large heart in general. There are a lot of people taking pot shots while the peacekeepers backs are turned. There as in hear, I guess one could argue about the term peace keeper. Perception is a matter of perception.

OK, so here goes. Rene has taken up the role of Chanpion and has done a great job supporting the HFY. He has not attacked anything at all, like others have asked him to do for as long as my internet memory allows. But some still can't see that. That is one of HFY problems gone.

I tried to do my part, but since some can not start over, I have been lured to hurling insults and mudslinging like the best of them. OK, not really, I suck at posting. In any case, I tried and feel I failed. So I will do the next best thing. I will retire from most of the Internet, save one forum and one or two mail lists, one of which is private. However, I will finish thae last hread I started. This will rid the HFY of two problem children. So I expect the respect, raport, and level of conduct to and from the HFY people to dramaticaly rise for the better.

Good luck on building new bridges. I hope you guys build a beautiful monument rather than to raze another temple to the ground. In any case, I won't be responsible. So, you know have your rope, do with it what you will

bye
    Tom
    Tom
    The best investment is in the tools of one's own trade - B Franklin
    Mirrors should reflect a little before throwing back images. -J Cocteau
    The mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools. -Confuscius
    Do Not become a slave to your model. -V Van Gogh
    It is a capitol mistake to theorize before one has data -A Conan Doyle
    Get youfacts first, then you can distort them as much as you please - M Twain
    Don't Be greedy, Don't be afraid -K Chung

Serious question

Ok, since I've been asked what I want to ask, here's one I've tried to get answered in other threads that got deleted before I could read ay replies. In hfy what is the difference between "directional" training and "dimensional" training. There was a post by a lowenhagen (sp?) about hfy dan chi sao (which I can't find anymore) and it he talked about two types of training. The first being directional and then dimensional was more advanced I believe. What is the difference? I assuming something like directional is onyl 2d, and dimensional is 3d, but this doesn't make sense as it is impossible to only move in 2 dimensions, so I would like to know what those two are, and how are they different (if they are) from other Wing Chun, especially Yip Man

To William E.
    The buzzwords I was referring to are things like "temperal distortion", "identity", etc. Words that are said either when simpler words would suffice, or are used to cover a very vague concept (IMO) without explaining the details. I assume that "temperal distortion" means you have just created a situation where it will take you longer to hit the other guy than it did in the previous second, but I'm not exactly sure if that's what you all mean. Thanks for sharing.

To Rene
    Thanks for the compliment. I also believe I have a profound insight

Lorentz contracted sub-luminal mass, etc
    Clark

Clark,

Thank you for the clarification. I can understand what you mean and in fact have never heard GM Gee mention "temperal distortion" in our training. Each of us have our own personal experiences from which to draw on when attempting to put our thoughts down into words. We each also have a certain level of understanding about what we are talking about at that point in time. (Wandering, Awareness, Focus). Compound that with the fact that there are also three perspectives from which material is presented and it can get confusing. HFY is not a simple system to explain over the internet.

Chango, Levi, Savi and others have presented clear and accurate information and will hopefully not stop.

What style of Wing Chun do you study?

William E.

McKind,

How do you expect anyone to answer your questions when you call people twerps and worst... Does Tony bother you "that" much? Why don't you explain and describe for the newbies out here the techical concepts you are asking about? After all, you must have some experience to draw on.

William E.
    Last edited by William E; 05-20-2003 at 11:22 PM.

Originally posted by Mckind13
    Tony wrote:

"Let me say this in the most sincere manner possible if you take the time to research in depth (there is a lot there and when you think you have it you may want to research some more and rethink it) the question I gave you I guarantee will grow your kung fu. If not you may get an answer to your question but that may be all you get."

Same old BS Tony

Okay BS Tony thanks. I get it. You are not a knowledgeable enough student of HFY to discuss these topics.
    Pookie - don't you know a true teacher will show you the answer and not simply tell you!!?? You wouldn't recognize wisdom if it walked up and bit you.

If you were interested in anything other than stalking Tony you would see the wisdom in his words and heed the advice to do your homework.

Originally posted by Mckind13

That’s fine, I really don't need any answers from you or anyone in the HFY family. I was trying to open up discussion but I guess Tom is correct.

Here is your rope.

David
    If you don't "really need answers" what do you "really need"? Calling people bassheads and B*llshtrs is an odd way to open up discussions, Pook.

By stating your true intentions you've successfully hung yourself. No need to pass the rope. Hang onto it, I have the feeling you'll need it again soon enough.

One question Pook, when you kick it with your boys, who gets the push? LOL!! ..... See that's funny !!!

-David
    "The ultimate nature of survival is maintaining your balance"

So why are you reading this if you don't need info?

Mckind 13 wrote:
    You are not a knowledgeable enough student of HFY to discuss these topics. That’s fine, I really don't need any answers from you or anyone in the HFY family. I was trying to open up discussion but I guess Tom is correct.

David,
    You are not qualified to say who is "knowledgeable enough" or not to discuss HFY. You say you do not need any answers from HFY family etc... LOL! So what are you doing here? Trying to "open up discussion"? ROFLOL! your attempt to bully and demand things only reflects on you and does not motivate anyone to "open discussion" I know you know this so what is your real goal in posting on this thread? and when you do gain information on HFY and add it to your understanding will you ever give credit where it is due? can you explain where some of the aspects of what you practice came from? Especially since it does not look like Koolau or Moy Yat or anything Hawkins Cheung ever has presented or anything like what is listed as the sources? ROFLOL! Where did the Chi sau methods come from and why do they look alot like reworded version of the 14 kiu sau methods of Chi sim? Why didn't the Chi Sim lineage get credit for this information? I know is it just a coincidence that there are 14 kiu sau and 14 chi sau methods! LOL! So let's stop before it get's ugly again.