Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Sword-wielding resident confronts alleged thief

RD-

from where I sit, you don't appear much different from some of the crminals. What you are talking about is a criminal action in and off itself.

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

RD.

Glad it isn't that easy where I live and have lived.

BTW, did you ever watch " The new Detectives" or similar programs on discovery channel the techniques they show there are not even the newest or most upto date.

Glad that you think that the cops can't differentiate between cement laid a few days ago and a different type that was used in the construction of the House.

Nor that they can't trace where the NEW cement came from and who purchased it.

Really must admire amateurs that think that they can beat and outsmart the professionals.

BTW, murder investigations can happen on the SUSPICION of it, they don't need an actual Body.
    People been convicted & sentenced without the Body ever been found.
    Last edited by Laughing Cow; 05-14-2003 at 06:23 AM.

RD.

Nearly forgot anything you said so far on this thread can be used against you as it shows intent.

CM

The question is: how can you tell if it's a life threatening situation? And if you can't tell, who get's the benefit of the doubt, you or the criminal?
    Actually this is my point. You can't tell from a forum discussion. It's a case to case scenario. There is no formula, no recipe that will give you the right answer. You just have to be present in the moment of potential combat. That's what martial arts is all about.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

"as far as I'm concerned the only good criminal is a dead criminal. I place absolutely NO value on their lives, "

a murderer is a criminal, excessive force causes you to be a murderer, hence making yourself a criminal, therefore causing you to shoot yourself and bury yourself in your basement?

Just playin devils advocate, but the above is a fairly hypocritical statement. an "incriminating" statement about criminals.... hehe

Re: CM

Originally posted by GeneChing
    Actually this is my point... It's a case to case scenario.
    If you're saying that you expect every individual to use their best judgement in these situations, I'm sure everyone here has always agreed with you.

It's not clear to me how you think this challenges the logic I laid out in my previous post (with the analogy), though.