Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst Martial Arts Movie Ever!!!!!

What about American Ninja, or something like that, with that chubby actor, can never remember his name. It was a bit ridiculous, but funny in it's own peculiar way..

"The invincible Chan" is soooooooo bad, it is worth buying the video. SOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD!

What about that "enter the dragon"- parody movie: "Fistfull of yen". that is one MF'ing funny movie

"We're building a fighting-force of extraordinary magnitude..."

Originally posted by chen zhen
    What about American Ninja, or something like that, with that chubby actor, can never remember his name. It was a bit ridiculous, but funny in it's own peculiar way..
    It's Chris Farley, he died. It was supposed to be funny, he'a a great comedian, most of his movies are comedies. They weren't depicting Ninjutsu. -_-
    Milia Macerusk

yeah, Chris Farley, that's his name. Did'nt know he died. he did a couple of funny movies, but I have'nt seen him in that many movies.
    But whatever the quality of his movies, it's sad he died

I can end this discussion right here:

The worst MA movie ever made is.... "Game of Death II".

End of discussion. Why? Because it single-handedly desecrates the memory and work of a great artist, AND had no plot, AND has the worst acting ever seen, AND is dubbed appallingly, AND makes no sense, AND has no continuity, AND cashes in on Bruce's name shamelessly.

Even worse than 3 seconds of "Jacky Chan" in "Young Tiger". Yikes!
    LionROAR {
    chill dude.

"It is necessary to be noble,
    and yet take humility as a basis.
    It is necessary to be exalted,
    and yet take modesty as a foundation." (Lao Tzu)

Wow....a worst MA movie thread and no mention of these craptacular gems:

Gymkata
    Drunken Master 3
    Shaolin Dolemite
    The Duel
    The Storm Riders
    Legendary Weapons of China
    Firecracker...(I swear this movie exists although I may be off on the title, something about a female Olympic gymnast who really isn't one unlike Gymkata boy who has an attitude problem and somehow beats up a lot of guys in Secret Service getups who are drug smugglers while staying at a hotel for a gymnastics competition...)
    and the list goes on....

Kickboxing Academy....how movies like this even get made I'll never understand. The only vaguely interesting thing about it is Chyler Leigh, who has grown up to be VERY hot and also played the punk rock chick on That 80's Show.
    "I'll use my bare hands...against any weapon!"

We are trained in wushu. We must defend the Temple!

8. Thumbs up

I remember this another one,but I doubt anyone knows it.
    Itīs some old movie simply called "Kung-Fu" I think.I bet this could refer to many a movie.
    It was really "sad".
    All I remember well enough are fight scenes with seriously awful special effects and this "kung-fu" guy whatever,I think,lurking on someoneīs back scraping his face.
    Well,I guess you MIGHT recognize it if you happen to receive that advantage.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

The invincible super chan !!! without a doubt
    everything with steven segal
    That stupid TKD movie with James Earl Jones
    All are F-ing horrible

Unhappy Aaaargh - you said the word!

Wow....a worst MA movie thread and no mention of these craptacular gems: The Duel
    You said the word! "The Duel" Aaaargh! I hate it! I hate it! I spent money renting it. I watched it. Aaaaaaaaaargh! I'm going to hell for watching bad MA movies.

LionROAR {
    chill dude.

Unfortunately, I have a new movie to add to this list. Maybe it will start some debate...maybe not. I wanted to like this movie, but I just couldn't. A shame because I really have enjoyed the work of pretty much everyone involved.

The Transporter

I mean, really....what happened to the story? Was there not really much of one or did I miss a great deal of something? And those fight scenes...sorry, Jason Statham, but you are not and will not ever be the white Jet Li or Jackie Chan. Corey Yuen really should have stylized the fights to Statham rather than trying to make him fit a prior mold. I just felt it all came off really weak.
    "I'll use my bare hands...against any weapon!"

We are trained in wushu. We must defend the Temple!

Gordon Liu - or Gordon Poo?

I heard from a fellow sad movie watcher that The Transporter was poor. I've been trying to pluck up the courage to waste a few hours watching it - but now I won't. Thanks SilumKid.

On a similar matter - does anyone have an opinion of Gordon Liu's movies? I'm about to watch "The Fury of Master Killah" and wondered whether I should, or whether I should just hide behind my hands all the way through.

Thoughts anyone? Is he worth watching, or should I consign it to the "yet another ****-poor plot and poxy acting" slot?
    LionROAR {
    chill dude.

Never heard of "The Fury of MasterKiller" but Shaolin Masterkiller (aka Enter the 36th Chamber) is one of the best KF flicks around. He also starred in Return of the MasterKiller (Return to the 36th Chamber) and Drunken MasterKiller, but these two aren't as good as the first.

My vote for worst movie is King of the Kickboxers II: American Shaolin. Pitiful....pitiful....
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

There was an alternative title on the box - and lo! in the U.S. "Fury of Master Killah" was released as "Fury in Shaolin Temple".

Just to confuse everyone for no reason.

Sounds like this could be the good one. I'm excited now! I'll have to go and watch it tonight. Cheers.
    LionROAR {
    chill dude.

Nothing is worse than Ghost Dog. Nothing. I mean...oh god...it is So BAD. Forest Whitaker (big black guy) plays a samurai who lives on a rooftop (with his pigeons) in the big city. He takes on the mafia. And eats icecream with little kids and a Frenchman. I am completely serious. Check it out!

I am surprised no one has mentioned Bloodsport....it is horrible and wonderful at the same time. My favorite is the little black guy that does the weird "Drunken Monkey" style. Heh, too cool.