Thread: kung fu in memphis, TN

kung fu in memphis, TN

has anyone attended or know anything about the Bei Shaolin Kung Fu Institute in memphis TN? anyone from the area know of any other places to learn kung fu?

I haven't trained at the school, but I do know the Sifu. Sifu Kevin is an old friend of mine from back in the day (almost 10 years ago). I trained with him privately on a part time basis. We would work out for about 3 hrs every Sunday in my mom's basement. Great guy who really knows his stuff. His background was in Hung Gar but we only worked on the northern kung fu that he was studying under Sifu Andrew Lee of Chicago. I would strongly recommend him to anyone looking for a good instructor. Hope this helps and good luck in your search!
    "We'll show him.....Chinese Boxing!"

I've studied under sifu miller for 6 months and finally got my yellow sash. anyway, he's a great guy and its a great school to go to. At the moment i cannot go any longer because of the cost, distance from home, and work though =(. The training is not easy and it's very challenging, but well worth it. Definately stop by and check it out. I might come back when i have the time again....

there is a wushu/taichi school in the area but i dont know any other places that are kungfu...

SevenStar is in Memphis and used to train at that school. Seven is a Judo/BJJ/Muay Thai man who also does some training with our Shuai Chiao school. He's pummeled me on the mat and I can verify that he kicks like a friggin' mule. It would be a good idea to work out with him.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

thanks for the input everyone. i'll check the place out after i move and get settled in memphis.