Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What happened to the Save NY Kung Fu post?

lkfmdc,

Aside from the online petition, what other steps are being taken to combat this?

Oh, and to the guys not signing because they think it won't work, it can't hurt can it?
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

masterkiller is just pathetic, even if 99% it won't work, two minutes of your time is not worth it for 1%?? NO, guess not, he's more content writing posts here criticizing the effort

I personally sent letters to EVERY SINGE REPRESENTATIVE IN ALBANY, and a number of others did the same

I got three major media sources on the story, one newspaper, one magazine (mainstream) and one TV station

I got the Chinese consulate to send a letter of protest to NY state.

BUt I am also going to send the petition to NYSAC when I break 1000 signatures.... but with idiots like masterkiller I guess that's gonna take a while

**** killa sign the ****ing thing already!.

the biggest problem is apathy, as demonstrated by many here

dude, i don't think that is a fair remark. People from around the world who will likely never be affected by the law, signed the petition in support of the cause.

The struggle will continue.

Until then, like I said, the post had done it's best here. It still is here if you use the search. It's only unstuck.

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I would post this in every forum I could find. Not just MA forums either. Then write to the media and have all your friends and training buddies do the same. Organize a protest/demonstration.
    That's how to make trouble
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

BUt I am also going to send the petition to NYSAC when I break 1000 signatures.... but with idiots like masterkiller I guess that's gonna take a while
    Maybe you can use the extra time to brush up on your people skills.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 05-15-2003 at 08:20 AM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

master-idiot continues to prove the point, he'll waste time posting negative stuff on this thread but won't bother to sign the petition.....

I agree with master even though I am not a slave

You will have to take to the streets. Go to this guy's office. Picket out side his office. Write handwritten signed letters. And you must get together with kung fu and wushu masters in the state and city. Check the phonebook. And if all else false, talk to some of the Org. on the list and maybe they will help in your quest or maybe they can sponsor chinese martial arts tournaments.

Don't call Mater killer an idiot. Online signature are not as good as real signatures. Even the average joe's signature on the street holds more weight than an electronic signaure from a grandmaster.

Sorry for the poor grammar and spelling

dgfg

Why is signing it such a big deal. It takes like 10 seconds!

Just do it !!!

Form an official coatlition, register as a 501 (c) 3, raise funds, hire a lawyer, then alert the media.

I would gladly contribute, provided I had a clear understanding of your goals.

lkfmcd

masterkiller is right, your people-skills need serious work.

why are you making this into something personal?

your petition is for what it is for, don't twist things around and make the folks who choose not to sign it out to be bad guys, NO MATTER WHAT THEIR REASON(S) MAY BE.

the "bad guys" are the ones trying to shut you down, not the folks from completely different areas who doubt the effect they could have on a LOCAL matter... it makes sense that folks outside of NY would have little to no effect on your petition, and in fact may actually cloud the legitimacy of said petition.

that being said, i guarantee that calling someone "master-idiot" is NOT going to get MORE signatures on your petition.

if you put half the energy into getting (legitimate) signatures that would actually affect the potential outcome here as you do into flaming folks that don't sign or whatnot, you'd probably be alot further along in your quest than you are!

go ahead, flame away if you want...

I guess we have to chalk this up to the faiure of our education system, people simply can't read, grasp basic concepts and form logical conclusions. In addition, there seems a lot of "it won't effect me" denial.... But the reality is that the people who need to re-evaluate things are those who can find time to post here but can't find the time to just SIGN....

lkfmdc,

This may be news to you, but some people like to think for themselves. I'm not going to sign the **** thing because I don't think it will work. There's no point in attacking me, or anyone else, because I'm not stepping inline with your personal crusade here.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

yeah, you've made the same claim like 10 times already, you don't think it will work, but still can't come up with a single good reason not to sign it, since what if it did work? You are content to spend time posting on this thread, but won't take the 2 minutes to sign it....

All you are doing is reinforcing my point, over and over again

OK Kids,

KNOCK IT OFF Already!!!

Jeasssshh, chill out will you two?

GreyMystik, you may be right about the issue of outside signatures clouding and invalidateing the petition. If that's the case, then Masterkiller (36 Chambers by any chance??) is right to not sign.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a