Thread: Shaolin Festival 2001

GeneChing Guest

Shaolin Festival 2001

Is anyone here going? Let's try to hook up! I'll be staying at the wushuguan in Shaolin village and plan to attend the Zhengzhou and Shaolin demonstrations.
    I leave next week, so let me know soon.

Gene Ching
    Asst. Publisher
    Kungfu Qigong Magazine & www.KUNGFUmagazine.com

Lost_Disciple Guest
    I've been told that as a result of his victory (by TKO) in the King of San Da Tournament (San Da Wang), my friend Ian's been extended an invitation to bring 2 or 3 fighters to the Wu Shu Festival at Songshan, though I think it's for 2002. Is this the same thing?

I'm Yi Yuan's top student at the moment and if there's any way I can get in shape and get back to Lubbock to get a cr@pload more training from him; I might have an opportunity to get a professional a$$ beating. As it is I really doubt I'll be able to go- but I suppose there's always room for miracles. He told me that the org will spot 50% of the ticket and all room and board.

It'd be awesome if I could go, we'd probably have a lot of fun if we met and got to hang out.

BTW- This is really shameless promotion for my friend, but Yi Yuan's going to be in a Taiwanese Wushu mag soon. If I can find a translator, is there anyway I could pass on the original photos and the write up to you guys; for KFQ? Taiwanese don't usually win in Sanda Wang, so it's kind of a big deal. I can definitely understand if you say no. :) Thanks!

Just some thoughts from an ignoramus.

GeneChing Guest

article submission

You will find our article submission guidelines posted on our website at www.KungfuMagazine.com. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "write for kfm." After reviewing it, if you have any questions, feel free to contact our editor Martha Burr or me. Thanks for your interest and enjoy Kungfu Qigong!

Gene Ching
    Asst. Publisher

Hui Clan Guest

2001 Shaolin Festival

I'll be attending as well! Gene I'll try to look you up while I'm there! I'll be leaving next week also!

Stumblefist Guest

Global Village Idea

The five English guys (Barry's group) who didn't make it to Siping are at Zhang Xiao Wang's school at Shaolin. They should be there during that time. why not give them a call? (0371) 2749098.
    Is this Shaolin Festival another money ripoff or a reasonable affair?

"Without water there would be no fish"

GeneChing Guest

hui & stumble

H: I'll be at the Zhengzhou event (now at night I hear) and the Shaolin one (which I also hear got moved to Dengfeng.) I should be easy to spot (it'll be hard for me to spot you.) Look for me and say HI!

S: I don't know Barry or Zhang. Can you give me more info (or direct me to the thread?) The festival is totally beyond reason, but I feel I get my money's worth. Nothing like seeing 1000's of performers in synch sets (but I could certainly do with less singing...)

Gene Ching
    Asst. Publisher

Stumblefist Guest

British summer camp Group

Thread is: "Training in China" on main forum.
    Do search on "zdlkent".
    Phone the school when in Shaolin. Last contact i had Barry's group was in Beijing and on way to Zhengzhou. They might not know about the festival.
    They are in China Aug 15 for 3 weeks.
    I got them package deal 1000 rmb each for 3 weeks, (training + room + board) but with some caveats, i only have recommendation only from my Israeli friend and haven't had a personal look-see.

GeneChing Guest

Aug 25th?

Anyone here anything about the 25th at Shaolin? contact me privately if you need to...

Stumble: I'll see if I can touch base when I get there. Thanks.

Gene Ching
    Asst. Publisher

Stumblefist Guest

Yi Lu PingAn

Barry with 4 other Englishmen. at...
    Zhang XiaoWang's school
    SongShan ShaoLinShi ZhongXin WuXiao
    (SongShan Shaolin Temple MA School Center)
    Office: (0371) 274-9098
    Mobile: (0)1353856988
    BBC: 8716666-51028

shaolin dragon Guest

7th international shaolin festival in dengfeng

does anyone know where i can find a video of the 7th international shaolin festival. i cant even find pictures of even the past festivals. any help will be greatly appreciated.

thank you

GeneChing Guest

Festival

It was televised on CCTV so if you can find a video floating around...
    There was also a commemorative book made for the 6th festival that covered many of the previous festivals. Strangely there isn't that much footage that is readily available - a lot of tourists might have something. Unfortunately, the stuff I have access to I cannot release legally since it is all owned by other people.

Gene Ching
    Asst. Publisher