For further info and Registration form, goto:

http://maoshan.topcities.com/ChengTi...All_BaGua.html

Or contact: B.C. Hill Bey at maoshan@lycos.com

See ya there.

Peace

Maoshan

Tournament Update!

Peace

There are updates for the Pushands division.

Peace

Maoshan

We did list this on the calendar at your request

Hopefully, we'll have the interactive portion of theCalender back online soon but until now, events can just email me with the info at Gene@KungfuMagazine.com. Extra points for those who submit their requests in our calendar format.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Thank you

Peace

Maoshan

'Sup Joe?
    Now that this thing has a precedant, I'm curious as to what you guys are gonna change this year, what stays the same, etc.

In other words, now that you've seen this happen before, are there any rule changes going on, anything that happened you didn't foresee in year 1, etc.

Good luck on the tourney this year. I hope it grows.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Stacey Guest
    where is it? What state? I see on the forum, but the website isn't specific in the tourney directions.

BTW i think its great you wear street clothes on your web site. Too many people try to dress like ancient chinese and it looks stupid.

From what I've seen the chinese wear track suits. Now if you had a fubu track suit, that would be even better. Imagine getting a school uniform like that instead of a gi.

are you B.C Bey? Can a white guy become a Brother of Wu Dang? I only see black guys on your site, so I was curious.

Peace Water Dragon

For the most part everything will remain the same except in the continuous and PushHands
    Divisions. In the Continuous last year, my goal was to have traditional fighting so that more of Ba-Gua’s unique approach to applications could be showcased, but what I found was that most of the competitors had not learned this way. So the judges and I decided to allow them to fight in the modern style but with Ba-Gua principles. Also the fighting began with opponents touching at the wrist holding the Classical Guard posture, circling once, then began.
    “Touch at the wrist” will not be present this year nor will the stipulation of having to fight traditionally be there.

Only one small change has occurred with the PushHands.
    Last year, opponents began by touching the wrist, circling once and attack.
    This year, it’s Double Rolling hands, same rules.
    We give an example on this link:

http://maoshan.topcities.com/ChengTi...ndsupdate.html

Thanks for your support.

Stacy

I don’t know how to take you.
    The links provide everything. All the info is there. I even provided a GeoMap to make it even easier.

(Are you B.C Bey?

My name is B.C. Hill Bey,

Can a white guy become a Brother of Wu Dang? I only see black guys on your site, so I was curious.)

What do you mean by that? So what you only see blackguys on the site, what does that mean? Besides us there is no other minority site dedicated to the Internal to my knowledge. We’re not complaining about the fact that most of the sites dedicated to the Internal have only white guys pictured on their sites.
    We’re from the ghetto, we teach in the ghetto. A lot of Europeans don’t live in the Hood.
    Also, most won’t come to the hood. We don’t discriminate against anyone….
    Actually, I take that back we do. We’re an Elitist Club and we have a standard that must be met or your nothing. It’s about warriors, not color. I don’t care what you look like as long as you train. All of the people that you see on that site have gone through the fire.
    Hour’s daily, 8-6hr classes Sat-Sun over a course of years.
    If you can handle the work, come on Down, I see your in NJ, Check out my classmate BlackTaoist,

You said you’re curious, is this an underhanded attack of some kind? If I’m wrong please forgive me, if not, just come to the Tournament.

Peace

Maoshan

Good deal Maoshan. Maybe one day you can open it up to different disciplines, but it's a good thing you're doing no matter how you do it.

The best thing to do with Stacy is just put him on ignore. He likes to instigate.

New York

I don't think the idea of a black only martial arts group is that unreasonable. I wouldn't come down too hard on anyone for what could be a missunderstanding. I actually have been wondering about your group myself. I'm 17 and have been doing internal martial arts for about 4 years. I was wondering if you guys would have any problem with me stopping in if I'm ever in the area? I can't see any time in the future I would be on the East coast (I'm up in seattle,) but you guys seem like really strong fighters and if I ever had the chance could I stop in during one of your training sessions?
    Brian F. Baron

Peace

It seems that there’s a mis-conception about us.
    Yes, it’s true that both of our organizations (Brothers Of Wu-Dang & The Ba-Gua Zhang Research & Boxing Association) are black owned and run, but that has nothing to do with whom we teach. Most of the teaching itself is done in urban areas and most of our students live in these areas so the fact that all you see on our sites is black guys should be no
    Surprise. As I said before, it’s not a color thing but a Warrior thing.
    Most people are intimidated by where we teach. To us it’s just simple proving grounds.
    Who ever wants to come and join us feel free. Just know that we don’t play and that this is not a hobby for us. It’s like trying out for a team, all preliminaries must be passed before you can really enter the door, but the difference between this and a state given test is that There is no way you can cheat. There is no way you can fake it. Not to us.
    We maintain a high standard and seek an even higher one.

Again, we don’t discriminate. It has been done to us but that’s not our way. There are Warriors across the races as well are there Cons, fakes and cowards. The “Elitist ONLY” pertains to warriors. All else can step. The preservation and promotion of true Ba-Gua requires those of stern stuff. As one of my motto’s “Ba-Gua is not for the faint of heart”.
    There is a lot of BS Ba-Gua right now As well as the standard of Kungfu in the west in general is quite low and we’re doing all we can to better the situation.

One of those things is the All Ba-Gua Tournament. Ba-Gua is hard as hell to learn. This tournament provides a forum for practitioners to learn, exchange and gain experience which is the biggest problem practitioners have in terms of knowing how to apply their Art.
    In the beginning most practitioners already had a fighting foundation in another style, all they had to do was apply Ba-Gua’s principles to their methods. It’s not like that anymore. Because of the standard today, Even if they have experience in another system, for the most part, their foundation is not that good and they don’t really have enough fighting experience. So for the most part, everybody starting Ba-Gua has to start from the very beginning.

Anyway, I digress.
    Our doors are always open. Check us out.

Peace

B.C. Hill Bey aka Maoshan
    Director:
    Ba-Gua Zhang
    Research & Boxing Association

You make it sound like a gang.

The quality of martial arts is not on a decline. It is simply expanding and adapting to the diverse needs of an open society.

Good luck with the tourney though. Sounds interesting.

Peace

A Gang?
    How do you come to that conclusion?
    Selective and exclusive groups have existed almost as long as man.

(The quality of martial arts is not on a decline. It is simply expanding and adapting to the diverse needs of an open society)

I disagree with you. The fact alone that your life is not on the line anymore has decreased the intensity of training, one. Conmen and frauds mislead their students. Qi Has been mystified almost beyond fantasy. How can you say it’s not on a decline?
    And if your referring to health most have been mislead with that also. The health is a side effect of which can only be achieved through full training. Not through simply waving your hands like clouds and dancing around.

You say adapting to the needs of an open society.
    Martial Arts have always been for self-defense. How has this open society changed the need for proper practical self-defense?

I’m not following you guy, could you make this clear?

Peace
    Maoshan

Gang?

Gang?

Man thats racist.....

Sound like a bunch of stereotyped BS to me.

I’m form Detroit and a white guy, so I see and hear a lot of this mentality….. (from the white side)

A bunch of hard working, talented, intelligent CMA’s with guts enough to call the local crap that was posing as real gungfu junk, then having the abilty to back up their words…..and because they are non-white……they are a gang?

Huh?

What the #### is that!

Also, the crack by Stacey about Fubu workout cloths ....

I can't speak for anyone else, but I didn't find that funny either....

Maoshan, it appears you are not quick to anger, so I'll add well tempered and disciplined to the above.....

Naw, I think Maoshan and BT are just political. And when someone is political by nature, that tends to seep into every part of their being; be it religion, work, art, music, and even martial arts. If that's the case, keep at it. It's a necesary thing you're doing for your people. Although I'm still dreaming of the day when there is no more need of those politics. Maybe our children will see that day, even if you and I don't.

I can say that the martial arts are not on a decline because I know so many good martial artists. Some are artistic, others intellectual, some are incredibly dangerous, and most are a mix.

I do not believe the intensity of training has necessarily decreased. We can acutally train harder now for several reasons. One is that techniques have been adapted to maintain their martial character while protecting the essential health of the practitioner. Two is that modern medicine has removed much of the fear of injury, allowing us to move away from forms if we wish and include more frequent open sparring. So things may actually balance out.

As society changes, so do our needs for self defense.

Essentially, I do not disagree with you regarding "conmen", but we may disagree as to who these conmen actually are.

Martial arts continues to be improved by being open, powerful, intense group and individual experience used to build the strength needed to live without violence in a violent world.

It should bring all of us together, regardless of the nature of our practice, not just some of us.