Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: May-Trix

May-Trix

Just peeped the flick. It has nothing on the first. F u c k the critics! Even the fight scenes were too long and drawn out. They had a good thing going with the "reality ain't what you think" deal in the original. Now they went and got all "yin and yang in cyberspace" on us. The "Architect" looked like a cross between Col. Sanders and Donald Sutherland. He is the mind of our constructed reality and a character from the first one (won't say so as to not give it away) is the heart and conscience. Neither are real. Anyway, wack!!!

I give it one boo and two yawns! A couple of the fight scenes were "ah-ight"; for example when Neo goes to holla' at the "Oracle". One good weapons scene, too. Sais, swords and everythang... Wait for the DVD!!!
    The morrow beckons...

First, this thread is doomed cause we got one going on the Martial Media forum.

Second, you can't judge this until you see the next one. After you see the next one, this one will be 10 times better. I guarantee it.
    I have a signature.

The car chase was far superior to the weapons scene. Especially the deal with the twins.

I thought it rocked.

yeah, but how does it compare to Out of the Past (my current nominee for coolest movie ever)?
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
    yeah, but how does it compare to Out of the Past (my current nominee for coolest movie ever)?
    Well, I'd say that Out of the Past lacks enough twins, center of the earth dance orgies, and orgasm cake. I can only give it half an agent Smith.

There have been very few movies that have orgasm cake(three if i recall correctly), and therefore out of the past can not be faulted for this. Your other two points make sense.

I give it one and a half confused Neo's.
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

Good point, shaolin kungfu. However, orgasm cake is the movie trend to follow. I myself am working on a screenplay called "Orgasm Cake", which will do things with orgasm cake that previous writers failed to grasp. I intend to take orgasm cake to the next level of filmmaking. Mark my words.

But it has murder by fishing rod! And sweaty rainy mexican hotel sex! And Bob Mitchum punching out his old partner! And the lines "Build my gallows high, baby." and "How much of a chump could you be? I was finding out."

I pre-emptively give Matrix Reloaded One tenth of one percent of a Jane Greer.
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

I am looking foreward to your movie, KC. Perhaps you will bring about a new era in film making, where no film has a lack of orgasm cake.
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

CSN, in order to fairly review your favorite, I'm going to have to ask you to identify the brands of sunglasses used, and whether it fulfills the Warchowski Leather Quotient.

Well, this was 1947, so the sunglasses are old-fashioned aviator types. Dunno the brand. As for leather, I don't think there's much of it, but I'll go to bat for <I>Out of the Past</i> being the prototype for all subsequent trenchcoat and fedora movies.

Seriously, it's a great noir pic and everyone who can dig black and white should check it out.
    Crippled Avenger

It was decent, but far inferior to the orignal. The chase scene was GREAT though. I thought him getting the spoon was cool too, even though I knew what it was before he opened it.

My hope is that this was just like a filler movie and the last will be as good or better than the first.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Seriously, it's a great noir pic and everyone who can dig black and white should check it out.
    I can dig Black on White. That's my favorite Spice Channel.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

MK - that's a completely different kind of movie.
    Crippled Avenger

15. Thumbs up

No offense but what is it about Matrix?
    I cannot stand it/them,and so many seem to love those.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-