Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is this a real challenge to Shaloin-Do from the Shaolin temple?

MonkeySlap Too Guest
    Mortal,
    It is not uncommon for Indonesian CMA people to adopt Japanese trappings. This is because the Chinese population in Indonesia supported the communist revoloution in the 60's. Chinese culture was opporessed for some time after that. So we really can't fault them on that point.

Actually I see no point in this - until they all drink the purple cool-aid and the comet comes, there won't be any straight talk from the SD clan.

Remember, people WANT to beleive. They do not want to think they were fooled. They DO NOT CARE if the flavor and approach of thier material is JMA rather than CMA. They BELEIVE that they are doing the 'original' combat forms and we are all 'wushu dancers'.

I am finished with this. Radhnoti seems like a fairly together fellow. WTS seems like a nice enough sort, but his posts reflect, well, some things he needs to work on.

I no longer care. Anything beyond this and I'll have to start pulling out my first hand experiences with SD people. And that would be just cruel, and unfair because it was a limited sampling.

I am a big beleiver in luck. The more I work, the more luck I have.

mortal Guest
    Monkeyslap too

You fought(sparred) some of the shaolin-do guys? I would love to here more about that. If you don't want to talk about it here send me an e-mail. Then we can have a more candid convo.
    Talk soon

Silumkid Guest
    Just a quick note, Tamo (Bodhidharma) did not invent the 5 animal play. It was an emperor and I think his name was Yue somethingorother....

Amitabha!

We are trained in wushu; we must protect the Temple!

mortal Guest
    Not that his word is law or anything. after all he is just a hired actor. He did tell me this(5 animal play) as fact in his mind. That was my source. I just beleived him because he's from China and I am a stupid american who fell for the old fake monk trick. Maybe one day i could get my 3rd degree black sash in real traditional american kung fu. You never know look what the brazilians did with jujitsu.

reemul Guest

To all you guys

A lot of you seem to confuse style with system, they are not interchangable. A form is generally indicative of a style eg. Chang chuan. A Style represents a specific set of theory and application. The animal systems where each comprised of many styles, however each specialized in and created forms indicitive of the animal traits it specialized in. I'm not saying a system can't be represented in one form. I'm just saying the animal systems were not each represented by one or two forms. The animal systems each had many forms.

Now dont chastise me cause someone wants to come challenge me, that wasn't my decission. However I do stand by my convictions about SD. As for the temple their actions speak louder than words. :confused:

MonkeySlap Too Guest
    Just for the public record, I am referring to interaction with SD people. That does not particularly mean fighting. I do not publicly discuss challenges or friendly sparring as it just is not polite.

Frankly, the conversations are funny enough. And to be fair, I am talking a small sample. I'm sure every group that size has its wonky people.

I am a big beleiver in luck. The more I work, the more luck I have.

HuangKaiVun Guest
    Yeah, the actions of the temple speak louder than words.

I sure wouldn't like to hear the crushing sound of a monk's fist crashing into a Shaolin skeptic.

reemul Guest

To HuangKaiVun

What would you do if I beat down on of your respected Monks, would it change you mind about the temple? if not, then what difference does it make. You are still going to believe what you choose to. Jus accept the fact that not all of us
    share you view. If you are intent on bringing about such a challenge then find people willing and set it up. All the wishful intentions in the world are not going to ease your frustration.

HuangKaiVun Guest
    I don't think any of us here believe that you can beat a Shaolin monk, reemul.

reemul Guest

I would wager that I could,..

..but you missed the point.