Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What questions would you ask a real Shaolin Monk?

phoenix-eye Guest

What questions would you ask a real Shaolin Monk?

If you were to meet a Shaolin Monk - what questions would yyou want him to answer?

NB - "What is the fastest land animal?" does not count.

"We had a thing to settle so I did him"
    Tamai, 43, was quoted by Police as saying.

The Willow Sword Guest

HMMM

i would ask him about Ta mo.
    Many Respects,,Willow Sword

Whatever you think i am or want me to be,,, i am.
    oh and,,,Jesus loves you, everyone else thinks you are an a$.

djphrenzy Guest

Question...

I'd ask him if he wanted to take on a student. :)
    (making the assumption that all Shaolin monks practice gung fu, and that he was good.)

Steve "Phrenzy"
    Kali/Pentjak Silat
    http://www.djphrenzy.com

HuangKaiVun Guest
    I would ask him why does he pursue monkhood when he could live a full rich life as a secular Buddhist.

Losttrak Guest

Do chicks dig it...

...when you show them your ability to drag logs in a wheelbarrow by your scrotum? I saw a book with that in it and just had to wonder.

"If you and I agree all the time, then one of us is unnecessary."

phoenix-eye Guest
    TWS: What would you ask about Ta Mo?

Also, the scrotum / wheelbarrow one is good. I would also like to know how you train for that one. You really would have to be a monk though wouldn't you.

Maybe the wheelbarrow is actually for holding your swollen nuts in after the training has stopped and the guy just got a bit mixed up....

reemul Guest

just for the record

that hanging rocks from your scrotum and draging a loaded wheelbarrow around by your nut sack were creations of the new inhabitants of shaolin temple and not a practice carried over by the old school Shaolin masters. That and all the fake Chi Qong tricks like bending spears and lying on beds of nails and all that other crap.

The Willow Sword Guest

Phoenix

i would ask him about the creation of the i chin ching muscle tendon/changing exercises and Brain/Marrow washing chi kung by ta mo and if he truly did father the start of kung fu in the temple. That subject is a big one for me and apparently a big debate in the forums sometimes.
    Many Respects,,Willow Sword

but until they invent time travel i do not think that i will ever get to know the answers to those queries.

Whatever you think i am or want me to be,,, i am.
    Luke?! Luke?! dont give into hate. That leads to the dark side.
    Obi Wan Kenobi,,star wars, empire strikes back.

Kung Lek Guest
    I'd ask him if he'd like a cup of tea and if so was he buying ? :D

If he didn't have the money I'd buy and I'd ask him how he liked canada so far and take it from there.

peace

Kung Lek

HuangKaiVun Guest
    The one question I WOULDN'T ask is "Can we fight?"

I'd get KILLED.

phoenix-eye Guest

Thanks lads

Thanks for the answers so far.

TWS: Good questions. Yi Jin Jing etc and origins of Shaolin KF are good questions but I can't see any monk giving a wildy different view on Shaolin history and origin. Especially, if he is purporting to be a genuine monk.

My reason for starting this topic was that I am attending a second weekend seminar with Monk Sifu Shi Yansi and would like to ask him some specific questions. He asked us for questions at the last seminar and was greeted by a deep silence. DOH!

When you are put on the spot most people tend to clam up. Like we all did. It was an opportunity wasted.....

This time I want to ask him some real questions that we can all learn a bit from.

What do you think are the main burning questions that you would have? I have some ideas but would like all your opinions also.

IronFist Guest
    Does not being able to have sex suck?

Ironfist

HuangKaiVun Guest
    I myself would sincerely ask a real Shaolin monk that excellent and all-important question, Ironfist.

Of course, I'd do it in private as not to embarrass observers who couldn't handle the answer.

Your question was part of the one I put in the post above.

BAI HE Guest

question????

Did you use the Gillette Mach III to shave your head?

And do you and the Hare Krishna's order the orange robes together for a bulk discount?

Shaolindynasty Guest
    "Did you use the Gillette Mach III to shave your head?"
    Of course he did everybody gets those **** things in the mail(thank god). I'd try to ask him a question about my own personal practice,I did this when practicing in Brasil the oly thing is the answer will prbally be somthing you already know. Try asking him questions about life at the temple and the training there, but don't get to controversal cause frankly alot of stuff people talk about on these forums concerning Shaolin is none of our bussiness.

New classes New online Catalog
    www.shaolindynasty.cjb.net