Thread: Shaolin.com recommendation...

djphrenzy Guest

Shaolin.com recommendation...

I quote Shaolin.com:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> "This web site has received much feedback relating the desires of the readers to learn the kung fu arts of Shaolin. Unfortunately, this is a limited amount that we can recommend due to the fact that there are few Shaolin schools and texts. But the reader is encouraged to take a look at the Suggested Reading List or What to Look for in a Shaolin School for more information. Some schools have left feedback stating what they teach, but we are reluctant to put a list of 'Shaolin' schools on this web site without actually seeing the practitioners. There is a school we can recommend in Central Ohio (Columbus) area." [/quote]

I just happen to be in the Central Ohio area. I contacted this person via e-mail, and his name is Sifu Tor Bieker. He teaches privately out of his home. In his first reply he gave me a brief background, and stated that he's not currently accepting students. I replied to this e-mail with more specific questions, and stated my intentions to learn authentic Shaolin gung fu, etc.

We played e-mail tag for a while, and in his most recent reply he sent me a barrage of questions. Some specific (ie How old are you?) some more abstract (ie If you could only study Shaolin Gung Fu for 2-3 months, would you begin studying at all?). I replied to his questions, and am waiting to hear back from him.

My question for you is this. Have any of you heard of Sifu Tor Bieker? Is Shaolin.com a reliable site in terms of recommendations?

Thanks- :p

Steve "Phrenzy"
    Kali/Pentjak Silat
    http://www.djphrenzy.com

XiaoLong Guest
    There are more (better) Shaolin sites on the internet. For example: Shaolin International Federation
    Russbo
    Good luck
    ;)