Thread: Added weight, muscle pain ..

Question Added weight, muscle pain ..

hey, I was totally neglecting to add more weight after a while. So I did this, I did what all of the people who were so kind to answer my PM's did, and added weight to the point that when I do a set it really takes effort, so that after a set I feel it 'burn' or something. Then I rest a little bit, and then I do it 10, then 8, then 8, I read that on bodybuilding.com

Now I don't have any trouble with my shoulder muscles, abs, back, lats, but I do with my biceps. You see the part of the muscle that goes toward your lower arm (so not towards the shoulder) it 'hurts' (not pain, but uncomfortable, like a sore muscle) when I stretch my arm, which is a ***** when punching, lucky me there is no training today lol.

Is this normal since I just added weight ? Did I overdo it ?

Thanks
    If you know of any good Sanshou movies on the web, let me know through PM !

Sounds like you are experiencing DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness), which is getting sore after a workout. As long as its muscle soreness, it's perfectly normal. The good news is that with each workout you will get less sore as your body becomes used to the new weights and movement. Soreness usually results from high volume with low rest periods. For example, when you do 2 sets of 5 with 5 minutes rest, you usually won't be sore at all. If you do 10 sets of 5 with 1 minute rest, you will probably get sore.

Of course, everything usually makes you sore your first time.

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Oh my God are you supposed to wait 5 minutes ? Holy crap, I waited half a minute .. since .. two months now !

still hurts arf, it is painfull when I stretch my arm, wtf =/ I hope it'll be waay less tomorrow

pain is all gone wtf, yesterday it was still a friggin painful pain, now I feel nothing anymore