Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazing Discovery

Angry Amazing Discovery

drum roll please....

I have a GUT!!!!

WTF!! I can't believe it. I haven't had really any fat on my body since I was 16 years old.

I thought I was all bad and sh!t, with my new workout regimen I've gained 12 or so pounds in the last 7 months. I'm just over 6' 1" and weigh 190 with no clothes....

Then last night, I reached down and...PINCHED an INCH!!! Yup, got a little Buddha Belly going on...though it ain't from Qi Gong cause I haven't been practicing...

Could it be that metabolism thing? Since I'm 28 1/2 years old...supposedly this is when it kicks in....

It's kind of fun to hold it, grab it, etc.--like a new toy. However, it's got to go. This is not how I see myself....

At least I've started jumping rope again....I'll just have to wait and see if I can work it off - won't be making any changes to my diet - I eat pretty well, although perhaps too many carbs.

Gonna up the cardio and see if I can sweat it out over the summer...I'll try to maintain this weight while building muscle - on the plus side, I've just discovered the benefits of Pistols - Pavel says they are more of a strength building exercise rather than a mass builder - I've figured out that this is because the emphasis is mostly on the concentric part of the motion, while the eccentric part requires relatively little effort. Still I have a nice soreness, felt they were very taxing.

I'm still working out with the Power Pushup, and doing Pull-ups and bent-over rows...hopefully my belly will help me to add muscle...though I really think it is superfluous and won't make a difference.

LOL @ I'm 28 and 1/2 years old.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Cardio alone will not melt off the fat.

You need to balance fewer calories in along with exercise. I don't think it's carbs alone but the total number of calories.

You drink regular soda on a regular basis?
    Surrender yourself to nature and be all that you are.

No, I don't drink soda or eat sweets or any of that.

But I am known to eat alot late at night. Especially rice and pasta.

WD: I'm a half-year older than the other kids in my Kindergarten class, so I like to shove it in their faces. Mommy says I'm going to be a big boy soon so you shut up. Ooops, I said a bad word....

Rice and pasta late at night are interchangeable with lard and ass.

Hey!! I resemble that remark!!!!

No kidding,

I am 28 and 1/2 years old as well. Weird.

I had a suprise yesterday at the gym though it was not the extra pouch thing. It was a benchpress thing. I went up!

I tired something different and instead of going through my standard sets of adding weight I said "F" it and went from my high rep warm-up set of 155lbs right to 225lbs then from their to 245lbs then past my max to 260lbs with a spotter.

For some reason I felt much stronger not going through the lower weights and I was a happy camper at the end!

Uhhh-Huhhh Who's Your Mother
    Regards

Yep, it ain't a carb thing or anything other than loading up at night. Don't eat for at least an hour, if not two or three, before bed and keep up a strict cardio routine.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Ok, this is weird. I'm 28 and 1/2 also and I'm 6'1" and weigh 190. Fa jing, do you have an unknown twin out there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Yes, but do you have the beginnings of a gut??

P.S. Black Jack, my best BP was 260 too! (several years ago)

will wonders never cease ?!!!

I, too, have the beginings of a Buddah belly. I'm trying to come to grips with that as well. As for BP, I never could get above 250.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

I actually followed a routine shown to me by a champion drug-free powerlifter for 4-5 months to hit that number. Then I suffered a major upper-back injury doing upright rows and quit lifting. I've finally gotten back on track and feeling relatively healthy- I think I'll be back to my old strength levels in a couple months now.

I'm pretty keen on breaking 275, then 300 in the BP and possibly 315. We'll see.

300 bp would be my goal.

Right now I am stacked I got a new best. My stomach is not as defined as I want. I used to have KILLER abs. My new goal is better abs and freaky forearms.
    Regards

I have had a gut all my life. I have resigned myself to the fact that I will never have a flat tummy
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Originally posted by fa_jing
    Then I suffered a major upper-back injury doing upright rows and quit lifting.
    What happened?

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.