Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Your womens self-defense seminar

I'm just saying, that with a lot of woman I know, there pants pockets are fairly non-functional, the wasteband would be ok, but it might block the view that the new lowriders are providing...lol... and I can't think of too many other options if they are into the tighter clothing...
    I used to carry a blade on me when I lived in New York, I have to agree with the belt thing... the pocket and waste band are better. I also liked it in my inside jacket pocket. Shaolin-do.... were you actually going to say something?
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

See, with Terri, she's kind of the Ex Biker chick type, so a big folder attached to her waistband is part of the look she often goes for. She even has this "Harley Davidson" folder in the black Harley sheath and everything.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Knife carry system...

Knife carry should be part of a complete "system" of unobtrusive carry and easy deployment. The knife should be readily available in the various situations in which a woman might be attacked. Ideally, there is more than one blade available as part of the system. There are a variety of ways and types of folders to accomplish this. With the right approach, the woman should almost always have easy access to the blade without other people ever noticing that she is carrying.

Clipping is OK, but is not practical for many women and is best used only during those times in which a more effective method of deployment is not available.

The ideal carry system should be customized around each woman's lifestyle and preferences.

Question skilled attacker

for most of you have good answers, but answer this one for me . Your a woman about 35 yrs 135lbs mother of 2 divorced and you are being stalked by 250lbs ex golden glove boxer with plenty of street fighting skills, also has a violent passed serving two terms for battery and rape and continues to get away with it . put yourself in this womans scenerio and let the answers roar.

Re: skilled attacker

Originally posted by hongkong fuey
    for most of you have good answers, but answer this one for me . Your a woman about 35 yrs 135lbs mother of 2 divorced and you are being stalked by 250lbs ex golden glove boxer with plenty of street fighting skills, also has a violent passed serving two terms for battery and rape and continues to get away with it . put yourself in this womans scenerio and let the answers roar.
    She needs two things- documentation and surprise.

Surprise in the form of him not knowing or being ready for her to fight back with firearms or bladed weapons if a physical attack occurs.

Documentation in the form of police reports, restraining orders, etc. Every contact he initiates should be documented with a police report. This will help keep her out of legal trouble by proving a history of harrassment and will show that she has tried to stop him.

Knifefighter,
    Yes, absoloutely. Infact when Terri was being stakled by her ex, the very fact that we called the cops on him every time we saw him kept him at bay. He was the type that slowly worked up his courage. Getting locked up for showing up at th house wiht a gun for instance reduced him to harasng phone calls for about 3 weeks. Of course he would then start all over agin wiht the drive by's, then parking around the block and jumping fences to creep around in the yard, looking in our windows and vadalising cars we stoped even trying to buy new tires, and went to crappy used ones he got us so many times 8 complete sets on my car alone.

This allways escalated to yelling at us or driving by and shooting in the air, sometimes from inside the back yard close to the windows. He'd then scamper off as fast as possible before we could see who it was. We finnaly just started telling the cops we actually saw him even though we didn't, and he'd get arested and go back to simple phone harassment for a few weeks. Somehow, he always beat it in court. Usually by fabricateing withness to lie and say they were together in another part of town. Still, I belive the arests kept him from building a deadly level of "Courage".

We had some weird break ins too. One was into my car, where documentation on my daughter, (School records, her "Safety ID" and pctures of her and her mom) just apppeared on my front seat (Nothing taken though). This was after a breaking to the house 2-3 weeks prior where we found nothing missing. I never thought to look at that stuff though, and there is no other explanation as to how it got from my file box, and my daughter's room to the front seat of my car.

Anyway, docuemting everything may not nessasarily work 100%, but it will often "limit" the agressor's level of engagement. However, there is also the kill'em, bury the body and say nothing aproach. This woud prevent 3 years of misery, and losing jobs because of having to take off of work for court dates 6 times a month for months at a time, because you have 6 frikin court cases against a guy at one time.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Never ever count on restraining orders or calling the cops to keep someone at bay. What the docs do for you is if you use violence of action against the aggressor you can at least show it was justified.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    The police being informed to establish the situation as credible. Get a digital camera to snap images of hem in public places or near you throughout the day. Even catching a shadow from a hidden figure can indicate Someone was there at least for the image. Catalogue the images by date and time. Uploading them to a computer and saving to at least two targets (at least one floppy disk or Compact Disc. Accompany the image shots with notifiing the police~ that it happened again. Keep on it because if they arenot too responsive a newspaper reporter or television host(ess) or station person could use the correlation of calls to the Police to inform them of your concern(s) and the images that show specifically that the person was close enough to be caught in the image. This might help if there is a restraining order.

I recommend three micro recorders one in the purse (mostly for face to face type situation even if he yells might be something to fight against him in court or with the police~). One (at least) in the house-type-place (perhaps near the telephone (toss-up between bedroom or most accessable downstairs)). This is to try recording threats (put part where sound goes in near the part of telephone you would put your ear to hear. And one on the car.

Carry an envelope opener (even the kind that you run alog the top and has plastic for safty--it has a thick needle like part (dull plastic) and could be bennt or precut from the inside halfway through so that it can be broken off or bent more easily to expose the blade part.

Carry mail with you in the car and your purse and actuallt use the envelope openers to open your mail. Have at least threeHouse-place (central location within house-type-place, at least), in your purse or hand bag or briefcase..., and in the car.

Check around your car towards the car and immediate area. Look for shadows without visible solids, damage to your car (for signs of entry at least--trunk. Flashlight to look in backseat at night.

There can be more, percautions and the such. Private message me, E-mail me... if you'd like more but away from the public board-ish
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com