Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Yoga

Do you mean Ashtanga Vinyasa or Raja Yoga?
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    yea...don't count on a yoga teacher to remember when to finish her class so the next class can start on time.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
    So my gf does yoga (they offer it at her job, which is awesome) and I want to start doing it with her (at home).
    I bet you do !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by cjurakpt View Post
    I strongly support the practice of Ashtanga yoga - it has incalculably contributed to my PT practice...
    Indeed , warrior's yoga is a delightful practice and I also support it as a practice in ones life that will contribute to quality of life greatly.

But, I wouldn't recommend it for a beginner and instead would recommend that you build your practice towards it gradually.

If you tried to learn kungfu by starting with the most difficult material, it will not be a workable solution...in other words.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Indeed , warrior's yoga is a delightful practice and I also support it as a practice in ones life that will contribute to quality of life greatly.

But, I wouldn't recommend it for a beginner and instead would recommend that you build your practice towards it gradually.

If you tried to learn kungfu by starting with the most difficult material, it will not be a workable solution...in other words.
    actually, I meant it has "contributed" to my practice in terms of pateients with really messed up backs, necks, etc...

Talking Here's some interesting yoga for you to try....

5. Wind-Relieving Asana . Thought fiber was the only natural remedy for expelling excess gas? Think again: this series of yoga postures assumed in asana-based classes assists air in exiting your digestive tract—in a room full of people. The motions involve lying flat on your back and pulling your left, right or both knees into your tensed stomach, squeezing out the stale air or, in instructor's lingo, engaging your abdominal region to assist with elimination. The poses are also said to enhance supine strength and flexibility, making them optimal for those with both bad backs and Metamucil in their pantries (read: old people). "It could certainly be helpful with some individuals in terms of [their] low backs," says Bryant. "But the whole flatulence aspect—I'm not so sure that there's a great deal of physiological support for that being a need."

The verdict: Group flatu-fitness? We'll pass.
    http://www.newsweek.com/id/145420/page/2
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    Ah chi, its everywhere !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Do a prayer twist in crescent pose or warrior one and you will probably fart.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Bad karma: When yoga harms instead of heals.
    "Inexperienced teachers and overeager students behind rise in injuries"
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

yoga

dont have alot of time, and hate weight training. trying to consolidate time and effort. what about yoga-not just stretching, but strengthening and pranayam as well. please discuss.

yoga opinions

dont have alot of time or resources(here in the Deep South). trying to consolidate as much as I can for purpose of time and resources. really interested in tcm/qigong but availability is almost nil. i know yoga is different, but conceptually tied. please, discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by groovenugget View Post
    and hate weight training.
    this is why you have failed, my son.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

lol, thanks for the encouragement. i do hope to try kettlebells this year, we'll see.
    back to the point at hand.

If you don't want to devote time to taking care of your fitness and lack the willpower for weightlifting, what could you gain from attempting yoga?

Quote Originally Posted by pazman View Post
    If you don't want to devote time to taking care of your fitness and lack the willpower for weightlifting, what could you gain from attempting yoga?
    hot chicks in hard-tail yoga wear?