Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Yoga

I always figured yoga was like TCMA or qigong in that there are probably some teachers who know the correct way to do everything and then a bunch of new agers teaching a granolified version of it.

It's something I'd like to learn more about but don't know how to tell legit from bandwagon.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
    Ouch! How'd you hurt yourself?
    Performing a stretch similar to the hurdlers stretch, but going down to the bent knee. Something I've performed for decades but I was distracted at the time and felt a twinge in the hip socket that turned into a serious ligament injury.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
    It's something I'd like to learn more about but don't know how to tell legit from bandwagon.
    If only there was some tool you could use to reserch topics, look up relevant information, and connect with people from all over the world who might have knowledge of such things, all from the comfort of your living room or toilet...!!
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    If only there was some tool you could use to reserch topics, look up relevant information, and connect with people from all over the world who might have knowledge of such things, all from the comfort of your living room or toilet...!!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Yoga is a serious discipline, There is no universal tool for developing knowledge on many serious subjects.
    There are various branches of yoga.. Hatha is simply the best known and most widespread.
    Like many good fields of knowledge it has spread too fast and all sorts of schools, gyms, book
    publishers, self help peddlers have got on the band wagon. You can get injured doing bad yoga
    and good yoga can help with many problems.
    Iyengar himself is very good-his teacher was superb. Some of the other students of his teacher were also good. "Certification" is only as good as the person doing the certifying.
    Yoga posture adjustments are best when properly individualized. So--- no universal research tool.
    for finding good yoga. Serious homework in researching teachers- their background- info on where they learned- from whom and for how long are keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    Serious homework in researching teachers- their background- info on where they learned- from whom and for how long are keys.
    ...if only there was some readily accessible and widely available tool for performing this research!
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Brule View Post
    How many of you guys/gals practise Yoga as part of your training. I always wanted to try and a new place just opened up right by work. I know nothing about it though so any info would be appreciated. What to look for what not to look for. etc...

Thanks
    Find a class with the hottest women.
    Join.
    Enjoy.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Can't trust everything you read online, though.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Yoga is really good for your lower abs.
    where's my beer?

He has risen.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

I'm out of school for a year, and I quickly ran out of ways to waste time between squatting and hitting up chinese buffets.
    where's my beer?

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    and not necessarily in that order...
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

LOL@ the Bear.

And good to hear from you GDA; hope life is still good.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Snow Yoga

Cool pix (pun intended )

INSANE: Ladies do Yoga on snowy Tianmen Mountain

A group of hardcore yoga enthusiasts were spotted pulling out some moves on the snowy grounds of Tianmen Mountain in Zhangjiajie, Hunan province on January 31. The women endured the freezing cold in just their workout clothes for a round of "Snow Yoga", which is probably about as extreme as yoga gets (unless it involves a large group of pregnant women).

More and more people across China have been taking part in some pretty extreme snow-related sports, including cold endurance competitions, ice swimming and snow bucket challenges. Of course, most of these events have taken place in China's "Ice City", Harbin, where the people may have gone mad from blisteringly cold temperatures.

[Images via NetEase]

by Luke Sun
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

The Dash of Boulders IMHO

Greetings,

I do not think those winter photos are genuine. If they were really out in the cold, you would see an extra set of eyes. Just ask sanjuro ronin. He's got the straight skinny on everything with curves.

mickey

who doesn't love yoga?