Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Yoga

EGG HEAD !!
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

"hit trees barehand"

I chi blast bottles off a fence post from 40 yards while wearing a 10 gallon hat and my sh!t kickin boots. (of course I have on my plate sized belt buckle too.)

Big deal. I can F A R T chi fireballs 50 feet and burn trees while hanging 500 pounds of weight from my genitals.
    Last edited by QuaiJohnCain; 09-03-2003 at 10:33 AM.

All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Thumbs up Cool Kids

Although i would think that they would be better off being gymnasts and ballet dancers rather than Martial artists.
    1. gymnasts and ballet dancers get in to the olympics and get sponsored and go on to do great things in thier life
    2. Martial artists seem to spend most of thier time posting and trolling on this forum rather than training.
    3. Better competitions in ballet and gymnastics than in martial arts,in my humble opinion.
    and finally 4. Those kids getting into yoga later on in life would be a great thing for them, i believe.
    i wished that i was in to gymnastics as a kid or started out with yoga instead of aikido and shotokan. it is very difficult or next to impossible to get a 32 year old body to do the stuff that those kids can do.
    kudos to them. TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

whenever i see gymnasts or yoga or figure skatter or dancer i think to myself "what a waste they would have been great martial artists." But then again i don't think the martial art is for competition so my view is a little different from yours

Lightbulb What Do you think of YOGA

Hi Guys,

I have a question for anyone that does YOGA, if you do what experiences have you had? Be it health, flexability, spiritual etc!

What is the best type of Yoga?

Thanks
    FT

I took some very relaxing and spiritual yoga classes at 24 hour fitness. The teacher was a dream. She left because she felt like she was neglecting her family. The girl that replaced her was a Power Yoga teacher and it gave new meaning to exertion. I'm pretty heavy and holding all of your body weight at various angles is pretty tough. It was good experience though.

My expirence is with hatha yoga like most people, and lots of research on the net. A good place to start is www.yogabasics.com

Good stuff.

strike!

I took it in college for 2 semesters. rubthebuddhas can attest to me coming home after my first day of class, getting online (in fact the thread can be found here) and freaking out. The second semester though we had another guy join, and not as cute girls.
    I have a signature.

i've been practicing yoga for nearly 4 years straight, everyday. i suppose you can take it for a lot of different reasons, but i would suggest not limiting yourself to just the asanas (poses). consider those a warm up to whatever pranayama (breath control) or kriya (process) the teacher has for you. if the teacher doesn't know what those things are, then he is not teaching yoga!!!

hmmm

Mixed views there!

Has anyone got 5 element and 5 animal chi kung they recondmend?

videos
    books etc

FT

5 element or 5 animal chi gung. hmm. The only place I've ever heard of that is in Master Tu's videos(the guy that hangs insane amounts of weight from his crotch and performs some pretty amazing striking demonstrations). I have his version of the Eight Pieces of Brocade and one for back care called Dragon Bone Qigong. Eight Pieces is more like a stretching a routine than actual Chi gung, because he doesn't explain the breathing components or anything. Dragon Bone is very good and put together in a seminar-like production.

Our Eight Pieces of Brocade at my school is different and much more chi intensive than a physical workout.

Have you seen those 5 element/5animal chi gungs elsewhere? At a school?

I have practiced taijiquan ( Yang style and now more recently Chen style) and qigong( Omei mountain qigiong, Dayan wild goose qigong , Damo gong) for many years and they are very good for improving health and vitality. The most powerful system I have found though , is the Yoga at http://www.atlantis.to After reading their book, and doing their Yoga and meditations I have the ability to create super intense , tingling and rushing sensations all through my body which create very strong vibrating currents flowing through my body, all instantly with a single thought. I find this yoga to be very compatible and similar to all the other qigongs and martial arts I do , and it contains the elements of all of them. The "Star exercise" is a physical model of the 5 elements star. I also know a 6 healing sounds qigong based off the 5 elements and it's good for your health and breathing , but the above Yoga is the most powerful qigong I've found and is also very good for health and smoothing your breathing