Thread: Gym Prices

Gym Prices

My wife just quit her job so now I have to actually pay to workout since I don't have the $$ to buy the equipment I want. I found one for $25 a month and best of all there are no contracts.

Just curious how much you all pay (monthly) for your gym membership.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

I pay $59. My facility has a pool and basketball court that I use regularly though. The sauna's, jacuzzi's, and steam rooms are just added benefits. If I didn't want to use the pool, I'd probably only pay $30 or so.

$185 per year at my local rec center for a family pass. Weight room, pool, sauna, steam room, indoor track, and about 6 courts. One of the courts is always reserved for wrestling/MA use with mats, climbing ropes and heavy bags. They also have lots of activities for kids of all ages, so I don't have to worry about finding a sitter while I work out.

that's about $15 a month. maybe anothe $5 or so for the kids' to do special stuff like tiny tots and swim lessons.

Wow, some of you guys have cheap gyms!

The gym I go to just raised their prices to $70 a month. You can get discounts if you buy 3 month or year memberships tho.

There's a hospital that has a nice gym here, it's $70 a month plus a $270 or something initiation fee. Booo.

My University makes you pay $30 to use it over the summer if you're not taking summer school. That's a good price.

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

I pay 150 USD per year to use the complete University gym facilities... but that's a perk of working for a school. Faculty and staff get it free, the bastids...
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

27 a month for Bally's Premere Membership, which means I can use any club nationwide. I travel, so that is the numero uno benefit. Of course they have pools, weights, blah, blah...all the fancy feel good stuff. I use the free weights and go home.

My membership runs out soon and it will cost me 22.00 month for the next year.

I am going to buy a new 300 lb. Olympic weight set, with a good bench and a few dumbells for use at home. I can get the weights for 99.00 at Academy, and a bench for close to the same, although I may splurge on a bench if it is good. I hate cheap benches. So for around 300.00 I can have a decent set of weights at home for quick workouts.