Thread: outta here

outta here

Bye- here's your rope
    Hi all,

OK, so here goes. Rene has taken up the role of Champion of HFY and has done a great job supporting the HFY. He has not attacked anything at all, like others have asked him to do for as long as my internet memory allows. But some still can't see that. That is one of HFY problems gone.

I tried to do my part, but since some can not start over, I have been lured to hurling insults and mudslinging like the best of them. OK, not really, I suck at posting. In any case, I tried and feel I failed. So I will do the next best thing. I will retire from most of the Internet, save one forum and one or two mail lists, one of which is private. However, I will finish thae last hread I started. This will rid the HFY of two problem children. So I expect the respect, raport, and level of conduct to and from the HFY people to dramaticaly rise for the better.

Good luck on building new bridges. I hope you guys build a beautiful monument rather than to raze another temple to the ground. In any case, I won't be responsible. So, you now have your rope, do with it what you will

bye
    Tom

Last edited by tparkerkfo; 04-04-2011 at 06:13 PM.

Re: outta here

Originally posted by tparkerkfo
    In any case, I tried and feel I failed. So I will do the next best thing. I will retire from most of the Internet, save one forum and one or two mail lists, one of which is private.
    Well let me be the first to say... who cares.
    No offence dude, but really.
    :P

There's no pass or fail; just our own journeys with all the ups, downs, and detours. I imagine your schedule has picked up for one thing. Sometimes a hiatus from the internet is refreshing even in the good times. Not to mention allowing more time for other pursuits, research and ... training!

Take care, Tom. See you around, and don't be a stranger.
    - kj

Tom:

Sometimes "not attacking" is in itself (by one's silence, or worse yet, by one's capitulation and recruitment to a cause one should still be attacking) - done mainly out of self promotion as a martial arts "guru"and continual self endorsement (without doing hardly anything else other than constantly sitting behind a computer and running a public relations gimmick)...sometimes that "refain from attacking"... is in itself...

.... an "attack" on the truth.

And the truth is that a certain "newcomer" wing chun system and those who promote it are NOW getting too much of a free pass ...without having proved itself worthy of "such" respect....

Proof...Evidence...Answers...Wins in Tough Tournaments...Tough and Real Competitions...Or even in more "real" circumstances...

Without SOME of ALL OF THE ABOVE...the EXTENSIVE and sometimes OUTLANDISH claims of such a "newcomer" have to be challenged...and challenged...and if still the above conditions are not met....Then the newcomer should be IGNORED...not glorified with 7,000 hit threads that degenerate into boredom and pretension.

Question Sifu Victor

Sifu Victor Wrote>
    without having proved itself worthy of "such" respect....

Proof...Evidence...Answers...Wins in Tough Tournaments...Tough and Real Competitions...Or even in more "real" circumstances...

"SLIPPERS"

Sheldon