Thread: Canada Meat

Hybrid View

The thing about teenagers is that they tend to do whatever it is you tell them not to.

This is also common in the rest of the population demographs. The more you want to press someone down with what you think, the more they are going to find a way to do what it is you don't want them to do.

At least, this has been my experience in what I've seen and done myself. I think every kid out there has done something that is considered unacceptable to the status quo, that's part of being a kid.

But you see, cannabis doesn't present the imminent danger that people would have you believe. Quite a few people are aware now that it was made illegal because of William Randolph Hearst (Big American wealthy tycoon) wanted to get out of his commitments to the Kentucky Hemp farmers who supplied him with his paper.

He then went off, bought huge tracts of land in washington state and deforested them so he could use his new process of making paper from trees.

In short, he was responsible for a lot of the forestry problems we have today. Hemp is more recyclable (longer fibres than trees), makes better paper and paper products, and is a quickly renewable resource. So, Hearst finances a couple of scare films and tags the plant with a mexican slang word "marajuana" and tells the american public that it's evil and if you use it you will go insane and start killing people. hahahahahaha...yeesh. The Feds pass a law making "marajuana" illegal. 2 days after the law passes, the AMA (american mediacl association) asks the question "what the heck is marajuana?". When they are told by the feds that it is cannabis, they freak out! This plant is incredibly useful for its compounds as a medicinal wonder drug of sorts. (it's not just for smoking and goofing kids). Since then, all by products of cannabis have had to be purchased from outside the country and are a controlled substance. Kind of like shooting yourself in the foot for the sake of one mans fortune and wealth. To bad money is the ultimate leash on the politicians. Stupid greedy morons all. Probably 1 good person in 1000 when it comes to politicians. If that!

btw, I don't agree with the idea of anyone that is in their teens using any recreational drugs whatsoever. Their bodies are growing and any substance you injest has effects on that growth.
    Once your body has grown to it's mature form, then by all means do what you want, but do it in moderation.

-Black Jack, if you can show me once where I said it's ok for kids to smoke drugs I'll give you a shiny new nickle. What is it with you right wing alarmists always needing to put words in other peoples mouths anyway?

cheers
    Last edited by Kung Lek; 05-21-2003 at 10:24 AM.
    Kung Fu is good for you.