Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Canada Meat

I have nothing against a mature adult doing weed in the privacy of his own home with the exception that I think its pretty silly that a person's life sucks so much they need to get high all the time.

I had plenty of stoner friends...had...its hard to keep a conversation with an eggplant.

Kung Lek- Whateverrrrrr.......I am glad you think its cool for kids to smoke pot. How new age of you man.
    Last edited by Black Jack; 05-21-2003 at 10:08 AM.
    Regards

So, the only cause for having a few too many is because life is bad?

I found that to be a lot more pc than to just say drug addict.

What is the other reason besides religous that you can use?
    Regards

It's fun. You don't have to be depressed to want to have fun.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

So, if I have a few too many glasses of wine or beer at a celebration once in a while, I am a drug addict?

So celebration.

I'm not saying there are not people addicted to whatever substance, just that there are a lot of people who don't fall under that heading.

I'd say the main reason people smoke pot is because they like it, not because their life sucks. In fact, most of my stoner friends(yes, i can have conversations with them) have very good lives.
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

And really, the "weed makes you dumb" myth should be about over by now. Carl Sagan attributed his Nobel-prize winning insights into the nature of the universe to getting high, to take only one example of many.

Edit - see also the complete moron in my avatar.
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

I will be first to admit, however, that getting stoned before something that involves sociallizing with non-stoned people is really annoying. It's basically not unlike talking to drunk people- why bother.

That doesn't mean their sober state is the same.

The thing about teenagers is that they tend to do whatever it is you tell them not to.

This is also common in the rest of the population demographs. The more you want to press someone down with what you think, the more they are going to find a way to do what it is you don't want them to do.

At least, this has been my experience in what I've seen and done myself. I think every kid out there has done something that is considered unacceptable to the status quo, that's part of being a kid.

But you see, cannabis doesn't present the imminent danger that people would have you believe. Quite a few people are aware now that it was made illegal because of William Randolph Hearst (Big American wealthy tycoon) wanted to get out of his commitments to the Kentucky Hemp farmers who supplied him with his paper.

He then went off, bought huge tracts of land in washington state and deforested them so he could use his new process of making paper from trees.

In short, he was responsible for a lot of the forestry problems we have today. Hemp is more recyclable (longer fibres than trees), makes better paper and paper products, and is a quickly renewable resource. So, Hearst finances a couple of scare films and tags the plant with a mexican slang word "marajuana" and tells the american public that it's evil and if you use it you will go insane and start killing people. hahahahahaha...yeesh. The Feds pass a law making "marajuana" illegal. 2 days after the law passes, the AMA (american mediacl association) asks the question "what the heck is marajuana?". When they are told by the feds that it is cannabis, they freak out! This plant is incredibly useful for its compounds as a medicinal wonder drug of sorts. (it's not just for smoking and goofing kids). Since then, all by products of cannabis have had to be purchased from outside the country and are a controlled substance. Kind of like shooting yourself in the foot for the sake of one mans fortune and wealth. To bad money is the ultimate leash on the politicians. Stupid greedy morons all. Probably 1 good person in 1000 when it comes to politicians. If that!

btw, I don't agree with the idea of anyone that is in their teens using any recreational drugs whatsoever. Their bodies are growing and any substance you injest has effects on that growth.
    Once your body has grown to it's mature form, then by all means do what you want, but do it in moderation.

-Black Jack, if you can show me once where I said it's ok for kids to smoke drugs I'll give you a shiny new nickle. What is it with you right wing alarmists always needing to put words in other peoples mouths anyway?

cheers
    Last edited by Kung Lek; 05-21-2003 at 10:24 AM.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

What if it was Wisconsin Weed and Canadian beer? YIKES!

I believe Kentucky grows a great deal of our pot. Oddly enough, I seem to recall that the majority of MJ is grown on public lands, national parks and the like. LOL!
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Kung Lek,

Out of curiosity, do you happen to know the other side of the story? Or if there are any holes in the research? Or are you just spouting again?
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

All this talk about weed is making me hungry. Where can I get a good burger in Alberta?

Those reasons are fine I just have seen the other side of grass and lets just say I don't want any part of it and their are a LOT of loser tokkers out their.

People that light up when their kids are in the house, people that drive high, people that role out of bed and light up, people that instead of investing the money for their kids or pre-paying bills will go spend $100 bucks + on grass without thinking yet they ***** about paying their phone bill, people that have to be high when they do anything, not to mention the losers who grow and sell the stuff right out of their own house when they have kids and yet they are so mind-blasted they really think these kids are not going to notice that mom and dad do drugs, or worse the welfare cases that find the cash to buy it.

Its a whole mind assine mindset. I have seen it also become a gateway drug that turned into a heron death much later. You think the guy would of just jumped right into hardcore drugs...bs.

If you are a mature adult go ahead but don't except everybody to go with the choice.

Kung Lek- You did not really answer my question so I just assumed, like I still assume because you still really did not give me a direct answer, Canada imports drugs and kids smoke Canadas drugs, you dont seem to be for outlawing weed in your beatnick side of town, and what is it with you liberal control freaks that makes you believe that everyone is stupid and that they can not function without the assistance of big bro?
    Last edited by Black Jack; 05-21-2003 at 10:34 AM.
    Regards

MP- the story I gave is abridged to be sure. But it is in essence what happened. If you want to know the story, it's not to hard to find out the facts on what caused cannabis to become illegal in North America.

Hearst is the primary player and it has to do with paper from hemp versus paper from tree fibre. Hearst used the drug angle to get his way. btw, hemp used fo paper has hardly any of the active drug in it at all, it's really amazing how he got away with it.

Can you tell me or show me where another side is? Cause I've looked and so far, that is why it was made illegal.

Did you know that in Canada, it is considered a "narcotic"? And that it is in law under the narcotic control act here. Meanwhile, chemically, it is hardly even similar to narcotics.

Dang "look say" schooling and the dumbing of society! ahahaha. people hardly understand the meanings behind words anymore don't they?

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I don't want any part of it and their are a LOT of loser tokkers out their.
    Yep. And some loser tokers out there are into correcting spelling mistakes on the internet.
    Crippled Avenger