Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Canada Meat

Did I mention what great rope it makes?
    Ahem:

****ANT****CHRISTMOTHER****ER.

Carry on.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

BJ-

I agree, stereotypes do exist. Mostly in the views of those that create them though which is unfortunate, because that creates another stereotype, "the crazy typecaster"

If you practice Kungfu for the natural high, you are getting high, if you have a couple of beers after work, you are getting high, if you smoke cigarettes, drink coffee or tea or meditate or whatever, each and everyone of these methods and substances is being "used" to alter your own perception of what otherwise is considered to be a "lesser" reality.

Human beings are not in my opinion the amazing animal we tout ourselves as. It is really interesting how disconnected we are from reality on individual levels. We subject ourselves to external distraction in myriad form. For me, this is only indicative of teh human condition and for me what is key is acceptance of the human condition in it's many forms.

Is not all there is, enough? Apparently not, or things would be quite different on the level of physical manifestation.

food for thought. Try the beef

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I thought the FDA considered it a barbituate...
    I know its a cannibinoid ****it.
    I know more about weed than probably anyone on here.
    Did you know that without your cannibinoid receptors (the genes in your body that accept THC) (delta-9 tetrahydracannibinol)
    Your body cannot break down food? Which causes.... death?
    Pot has potentials to do many great things in the medical world... It will take the government f*cking off a bit and letting some studies go tho.

Again I don't have a prob with adults smoking weed. I have just happened to have a good first hand look at more than a few people who are poster men and women for the stereotype.

Though to be fair, these people might of turned out to be losers anyway, who knows but I bet they would still be better off going in a different direction that did not include smoking up all the time.
    Regards

I slightly agree there BJ.
    In all honesty, I think a couple of my stoner friends would be better off never having smoked, but then again, they may have turned to be losers anyways.
    But I also think that most of my stoner friends are doing fine.

There are people who smoke way too much. IMO, if it's daily, if it's routine, it's not for me. Stinks too much of dependence.

And Merryprankster, what was that you said about Christ's mother Mary? This isn't gonna turn into one of those "Is kung fu against god" threads, is it? Because, really, we started a nice thread about pot, and I'd hate to see it get derailed like that.

BTW, got attacked by a grappler yesterday. Poked him right in the eye, he was completely unprepared.

It's one thing to have a method that you use to destress or that you use as a coping strategy considering all the stresses that fill our lives.

It is another thing entirely to be escapest. People who are constantly in need of medicating themselves in order to cope were losers a long time before they picked up that joint and lit it. (Of course I don't mean those people who are actively pursuing a medical solution to an actual physical problem)

Their actions are indicative that by nature they are weak minded and according to Darwin, they're out of here anyway

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Of COURSE its a cannabinoid. That's like saying that morphine is an Opiate.

Receptors aren't genes. They're specially shaped proteins specifically adapted to latch on to a particular molecular shape.

FWIW, what's your point w/regards to CB1 receptors being found in the Gastrointestinal tract? That has next to nothing to do with oh, anything. Acetylcholine receptors are found in and around nerves involved in sympathetic and parasympathetic tissues...but that doesn't exactly MEAN anything, does it?
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

KC, that's only because you weren't practicing against a "real" grappler.

kC-

Are you smoking pot right now? This thread was about a cow in alberta causing a scare in the states.

Somehow, it got turned to pot...here we go again, the dreaded pot thread. At least this one isn't about "should i smoke pot and do my Yang 24 form"? or "isn't it great that pot smoking makes my kungfu better" or some such other blah blah.

Also, what is up with all the media scare tactics without serious grounding these days?

WMDs in Iraq, Sars, tainted meat... It really is like that Goering quote about how to bend the people to your will by telling them that they are under attack.

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Merry,

I have to ask...are you Rain Man?

First you know about the strength of hemp rope than about CB1 receptors.....if I dumped a bunch of matches on the ground would you be able to tell me within seconds how many there are?
    Regards

Wasn't Darwin speaking more of systems than individuals? In otherwords, don't "losers" essentially hold back groups of "winners" that are part of their group so that no one group of winners dominates too well, overextends their influence, and risks extinction of the whole?

No, actually bio is not anything like my field of expertise, so I will admit I'm speaking somewhat out of my arse, but I remember reading years ago that Darwin was highly annoyed by what some did with his theories, especially industry, because, for social creatures, cooperation was a majorly important thing, far more important than many specific physical traits, and that, in social creatures, individuals that seemed to be unimportant enabled the high functioning to function at all, or some such crap, whereas people got fixated on who was high functioning and who wasn't, or, again, some such crap.

Sorry BJ, didn't mean to puff and speak.

Hang on, my 12 kids are messing with the grow lamp.

"Receptors aren't genes. They're specially shaped proteins "
    You are correct, my apologies. As I have already said, this panlor makes it hard to think. The point being, that they dont directly help in the synthesizing in protiens, not in any way that doctors have found. Yet, when you close them off, the body starts to reject protiens. why? they arent yet sure, but it shows that the cannibinoid receptors have a higher use, we're just not sure what yet.
    Try to tell me thats not legit. We still dont know what 80% of our brain does, but that doesnt mean we dont need it. The point of that study was to try and get the gov't to lax a little, let people start testing medical effects a little more, seeing what can be done.
    I smoke daily, several times a day. I have arthritis in both knees, but thats not why I smoke. Not to escape either, just more of a habit. Im not any less intelligent, less active, ect when stoned. (example, ive been on here a few times sober)
    My pot smoking has gone up a bit lately, but Im trying to quit cigs, and it definately helps w/ stress, in another week and a half when im done quitting cigs, ill drop the pot smoking back down to after work only
    And its not like saying morphine is an opiate, because morphine isnt the only opiate.
    Pot and hash are the only cannibinoids, and hash "is" pot, just concentrated.

Evolution does occur in groups, not in individuals. However, the reproductive success of the individuals determines the effect of evolution on the group.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.