Back from a full day training

Jeet Fa - Methods of intercepting - beating the opponent to the strike, recognizing threat and immediately shutting it off with the hands, body or steps.

Jeet is a great method. It deals with intercepting on all levels.

Intention - Before my partner even tries to attack me, he must want to attack, or intend to throw a punch for example. If my sensitivity is good and my partner is not so good at hiding his intent I can shut off the attack before the word go.

Initiation - As the technique initiates, it often lacks perfect mechanics and structure. The arm may not be extended enough to prevent me from collapsing it or the power may not be developed enough to keep me from jamming the attack.

Development - as the attack develops, I may have to intercept with my own techniques. Counter punching or inserting a Tan/Bong/Fook into the path of the oncoming punch. It is better of course to catch the attack early because once the punch is developed, it is hard to stop and also it may be in a better position for the attacker to counter your jeet or follow through with another attack.

Tools - Tools of interception use the bridge, the body, and the mind.
The bridges are simple enough. Use the Chuie or one of the three seeds to intersect and cut off the attack.
The body can also be used in this way to close and smother the opponent but also, since it is the target, it can be moved closer or further away to disrupt the intention of the attacker.
Finally, the mind can be used to intercept the opponents intentions. He wants to hit me, but every time he sets me up I change before he can attack, or I present a target and then hide it again, anything that will 'Jeet' the intention of his strike.

As an example, country x wants to launch a missile at me.
I can shoot it down over my city
I can shoot it down over their country
I can shoot the launcher
I can shoot the telephone lines that the leader of the country uses to give the launch order...etc etc etc.
I can threaten the leader
I can assassinate the leader
I can point my missiles at the leader
I can use diplomacy with the leader

All these thousands of variations, while in a Chi Sou model may include some other methods, they also involve intercepting.

In my example I am using many ways to either intercept the actual attack, the method of attack or the reason for attack.

Thanks I am tired so if this post is clear as mud ask me to explain it better.

David