Thread: Could any shaolin do students give some insight into the art.

shaolinboyb3c Guest

Could any shaolin do students give some insight into the art.

Enlighten me.

Radhnoti Guest
    I'm a SD student. I'd suggest hitting "search" at the top of the screen and then searching the forums for the topic "shaolin-do". You'll find...well, MANY threads with almost every arguement (for and against) covered.
    Another option would be to check a website or two, here's a school with a website in your area:
    http://shaolinlouisville.cjb.net/
    Any specific questions you have, feel free to e-mail me if you wish.
    Welcome to the forum.

shaolinboyb3c Guest

thanks.

That site is of my school. I was looking to see how many of us there are, and see what aspects they know from their school.

Fu-Pow Guest
    Before Shaolin-Do......

Fu-Pow

"Choy Lay Fut Kung Fu does not encourage its students to abuse or harm others with no reason. Nevertheless, in times when Kung Fu must be performed, Choy Lay Fut requires the student to change from a gentleman into a fierce and cold fighter."

-Lee Koon Hung,
    CLF:The Dynamic Art of Fighting

Fu-Pow Guest

After Shaolin Do!!!!!!

Fu-Pow

"Choy Lay Fut Kung Fu does not encourage its students to abuse or harm others with no reason. Nevertheless, in times when Kung Fu must be performed, Choy Lay Fut requires the student to change from a gentleman into a fierce and cold fighter."

-Lee Koon Hung,
    CLF:The Dynamic Art of Fighting

shaolinboyb3c Guest

ha ha

Well I guess you can see that is two different people. They are instructors at my school and have looked like that for a while. :D

BeiKongHui Guest
    ****, I thought they were serial killers or something. I thought Fu-Pow was being funny...oh well.

I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to these teachers.
    --Khalil Gibran

russ Guest
    I don't know about insight into Shaolin-do, but here's some info - I'm a third brown whos been training for about a year and 3 months at the gym in Lexington, KY. I feel a great sense of comraderie with my fellow students and instructors. I'm worked very hard (feel like puking after class a large percentage of the time), I know my fighting ability has increased tremendously, and I enjoy learning new material and practicing the material I have already learned.

I hate that Shaolin-do gets trashed so much on these boards, but I genuinely feel like my instructors wholeheartedly believe in the system and are excited to pass along their knowledge, which I am excited and grateful to receive.

I have alot of pride and respect for the school, and am glad to know there are people here who are a part of it. I've heard very good things about Master Price. I'm pretty sure I saw him at the last tournament in Lexington.

I think I'll have more insight into what Shaolin-do is really about the longer I am a part of it.