Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: politics ruining GongFu

Training proceed none the less...

it doesn't interfere with my training, but it's not a good thing. One of the best ways to test your skill is to push against someone else, and tournaments are avery good place for this. If you only train with your Gongfu brothers and sisters you tend to get used to one another.

Then in that way it does influence my training, a little, but still yes.

Its just a little sad when you only have 2 tournaments a year and you end up pushing with your own class mates... And it would be nice to be part of a team and to go participate in another country, regardless if it "influence my training".

That's a valid point isn't it?

Enjoy!
    "If we dont worry then nothing shall worry us, only then shall we be of sound mind"

Politics suck when you'd like to do tournies and the like.....
    That being said, it shouldn't have an effect on your training, and should hopefuly at some point be overlooked when looking at tournies to be entered into.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

yes, BUT

you can always hook up with another school and spar with them, or with friends from other schools - you don't need a formal tournament to do so. The informal, friendly route actually builds more bridges.

Yes, agreed

No I totally agree, I don't really do tournaments, mostly done forms though, for fun.

It's still fun.

My argument isn't about its effect on ones skll though, it's about politics (bad politics) and that is not cool, and it can never be cool, even if it causes a cure for cancer(which it won't) it will still be uncool, sorta like mayonaise gone bad... wait, what was I saying... anyway, I just don't like hostile attitudes amongst people who should be like brothers to you because of all the people in society, Martial artists should relate best. And there is no need to create an uncomfortable environment for one another...
    "If we dont worry then nothing shall worry us, only then shall we be of sound mind"

yes

Just socialize with reasonable, like-minded martial artists and ignore the annoying ones.

Propably a good start...

Thanx for the advise.
    Enjoy!

Maybe you get this ****ty feeling about the whole bad politics randomness because politics have no place in your training............ which they dont...

strike!

What CAN organizations do:

host competitions
    promote the art to the general public
    help preserve arts before they die
    help offer things like training seminars
    bring little known styles or masters to light
    help with team events such as if Wushu were to make it to the Olympics
    foster a comraderie among the people of the art.
    get people to talk, compare, improve, share methods
    attract talented people to the arts - that will be the next generation of talent
    by exposing what is good, help to remove or reduce the number of frauds and charlatans in the arts.

This has all happened in the US to a great degree since the inception of things like the USCMAC, USCKF, USWU, and even the USAWKF...

What they can ALSO do is

put the art in a bad light
    run good people off
    cause people to pull in and be "me first"

This does NOT have anything to do with your personal training unless you wish to compete

However, it DOES have to do with expanding the sphere of influence of the arts and the people in them. It can look to the future and preserve...

Without such things...well, think about the amount of talented masters that knew a lot...and took it to the grave with them...not out of desire...but out of lack of finding someone to pass it on to...

And politics and lack of ethics screws it ALL up.

THANK YOU GLW

That's my point. And it isn't cool!
    I'm not some bitter depressed Prozak eater, I just don't like people thinking CMA is so bad, cause it's not, I would like everyone to atleast try it once, just think how the level of the arts can improve once people get interested!

GLW knows what it's about, and training is the most important, but the future of the Art is the bigger picture.

Hope this will better, I'm sure it will, things are starting to turn here in SA, it's slow, but I have good feelings about the new president( Dean Jones) He seems like a really good person, and I know he knows his stuff (Wing Chun Shifu).

Thanx for listening(reading)

Enjoy!!

Cool

~ As long as you study hard and practice hard, then politics cant ruin your gung fu. Gung fu is an inside job.
    ~ Politics can ruin an open exchange of ideas though.

Peace

Sin Loi

Yi Beng, Kan Xue