Thread: shaolin do

shaolinboyb3c Guest

shaolin do

How many people have actualy seen or sparred with an actual shaolin do student. If neither where do you know of it at.

yin lion Guest

Have seen the style in forms my buddie does it

I think it is a mixture or krate and shaolin but styles should not be mixed or preformed mixed most styles that are mixed now a days were so in the last 10 or 20 years not very long ago. thus the system has not been tested well. most advnaced styles have 500 years in testing then they are more compleat. I think the forms look like crap all over the place. not linear nor circular they try to mearge the both but come out with this choppie looking wishwash kratetaikwando
    just what I see when looking at them do there thing but I guess if people saw me doing bagua they may say he's just standing there what good is that or why is he walking in circles? :D

you must unlearn what you have learned then and only then will you be wise and have knolage

MonkeySlap Too Guest

Um, no.

Most traditional styles have NOT been tested for 500 years. Most teachers in fact combine lessons from many schools. Historically this was tested by fighting. Where todays 'mixed' styles fall down is the low level of knowledge to begin with and the lack of trial against skilled opponents.

For that matter, 99% of the 'new' styles are Karate/TKD/Hapkido hodgepodges,so who cares how someone rearranges wrist locks.

The shame is that most people think that the legacy of CMa exists in the forms, when the truth often lies in the training methodology.

I am a big beleiver in luck. The more I work, the more luck I have.

mortal Guest
    If you JUST have a great side kick that is all you need. or a great straight punch. All styles have these moves just master any one of them and it is worth a thousand watered down styles.lo

MonkeySlap Too Guest
    It all depends on what you want to achieve. I think the great disservice of the 'martial arts industry' is the dishonesty in regards to what is being taught and its relative value for the task.

I have more respect for the hippy taiji guy who doesn't know how to fight, but openly tells you its just a meditative practice than I have for the 'masters of twenty styles' I see billed everywhere.

I am a big beleiver in luck. The more I work, the more luck I have.