Thread: Sandman

Sandman

While I concur that politics gets out of hand here you are facilitating certain peoples ability to hit and run with slanderous material.

In a court case, a lawyer may ask the witness a fallacious question and even though an objection my cause the question to withdrawn and the jury ordered to ignore the information, it still is put out. True or not, relevant or not.

Either catch them early or leave them up, because it would be wholly unfair for one group to attack another, presenting the information as true only to have the thread closed before anyone can correct the mistake or rebut the accusations.

If I keep posting that Sifu X wears pink pajamas and you close the thread before Sifu X’s students can tell the world that he prefers blue, then inevitably a large percentage of the forum will believe the pinkies.

Maybe you need some assistant Admins. Thanks

David

2. Dave's looking for his old job back!

I vote Alpha Dog for Admin.

4. I graciously accept.

No need to give me any special access codes, just a corporate visa will suffice.

Thanks everyone! <tears welling in eyes>

McKind,
    If you'd like to discuss moderatorial decisons or policies with me, feel free to PM or email me about it.
    Thanks!
    Sandman[Wing Chun]

"Learning is not compulsory ... neither is survival."

-W. Edwards Derning

A thought on Civil Discourse:

“Democracy is a means of living together despite our differences. Democratic deliberation is an alternative to physical violence. It is predicated on the assumption that it’s possible to disagree agreeably, that it’s better to laugh than cry, that one can vigorously contest the positions of one’s adversary without questioning his or her personal integrity or motivation, and that parties to a debate are entitled to the presumption that their views are legitimate if not correct.” -Thomas Mann