Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best ever Jet Li movie...

Best ever Jet Li movie...

I'm a die hard Fist of legend fan, But Tai Chi 1 and 2 comes super close.
    What about New legends of Shaolin? I want a spear like that!!

And who saw Fist from Shaolin? What's the name of the dude that plays Wong Fei hung in there? Super good.

I can't seem to find a copy of Drunken Master2, Strangely I have found a couple of low quality rip-offs named the same but not the real thing. I love the way Jackie Chan does hard core Drunken boxing there, and the fight under the train!!!! Wow.

hollywood still has a long way to go. Special effects doesn't do it for me!

Maybe I will like Matrix reloaded... we'll see.

I Love HERO, Jet Li and Donnie Yen represent! Now who's happy Jet is back in hong Kong? All together now...

GongFu movies old school style still rules!
    "If we dont worry then nothing shall worry us, only then shall we be of sound mind"

If you're a die-hard, hardcore, old school hong kong kung-fu movie fan, The Matrix will make you puke, or at least just feel sick. Make sure to bring some kleenex to the movies

Or to say it in another way: don't expect too much of the fight scenes.

If you're a die-hard, hardcore, old school hong kong kung-fu movie fan, The Matrix will make you puke, or at least just feel sick. Make sure to bring some kleenex to the movies
    I disagree. You just have to look for something different in the matrix reloaded. Unless you ONLY like old school kung fu flicks, in which case don't bother seeing anything that's in theaters now.
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

mm, excelent strategy

I will watch Matrix, but in my bag-O'tricks I shall keep thou barf-bag. So then I'm safe either way...

It's not like I only like hong Kong Movies, I just don't see any Hollywood action stuff that comes close.

Maybe the new Tarrentino: Kill Bill, Its supposed to have lots of Shaolin influence... and I like tarentino(Pulp Fiction and Reservor dogs are the best!)

But it's just as if hollywood tries to smuther you with expensive SFX and top notch actors... I want to see skill, not ******* Diaz doing Shaolin in High heels! Come on!

Its just something to do with the fact that you know:"that guy is really good!"
    And how the hell can Mell Gibson and Danny Glover beat Jet Li? They can't beat Jet Li! Jet Li can't even beat Jet LI!

In my mind Jet is still the immortal ellement that made me start Gongfu in the first place!

I would like to know(for real) how many people started doing Gongfu or CMA because of Jet LI.
    When I get to heaven this will be my first question to God.
    Just cause I really would like to know.

Why did you start?
    "If we dont worry then nothing shall worry us, only then shall we be of sound mind"

Thumbs up

Fist of Legend and Rumble in the Bronx really got me into CMA. My fave Jet Li movie hasta be Hitman though.

Jackie Chan's Drunken Master 1 and Young Master got me started on Kung Fu.
    But after watching Once Upon A Time in China Series, I started to study Hung Gar...cuz it looks soo **** cool!

Yea, it does doesn't it!

I loved Young Master also, that's one of the Golden Oldies!!
    And I haven't seen Hitman!!! Man I feel so inferior! I'm going down for 20mins Mabu Right away!!

I got hooked on CMA with the old 70's and early 80's movies.

Those that were so badly damaged/copied to Video and had voice-overs that sometimes were out of synch by a few minutes.

Never was much into the Bruce Lee, Jet Li or similiar hype.

I like the early Jackie Chan movies as they contain a lot of comedy well executed.

Cheers.

What's Tai Chi 2?

My favourite Jet Li movie is Shaolin Temple 3: Martial Arts of Shaolin. Tai-Chi Master (Twin Warriors) could be second on the list.

IMHO Bruce Lee was one of the worst actors ever.
    "Extra inch, extra power." -Tarm Sarm

But is Jackie Chan or Jet Li better actors? Honestly I don't know
    Jet has made some serious movies, and jackie is more into comedy, and they've made a helluva lot more movies than bruce. So I guess they are better, since they're more experienced with movies than bruce ever got do be.

But Van Damme is a worse actor than bruce. You've gotta agree with me on that!

VAn Damme is Supreme ultimate Master!

Tai Chi 2 is amazing, it's supposed to be the follow up of Tai Chi with Jet, but its a movie on its own.
    Director: Woo-ping Yuen, Yam-Yin Cheung

Must see!

Although I have loads of respect for Bruce, I'm not such a fan of his movies either, though one must understand that back then there wasn't really any development in coriography(is that spelled right?)

Also a great one is Evil cult!!

Re: VAn Damme is Supreme ultimate Master!

I accept the fact that Bruce Lee was a martial artist rather than an actor, but he was terrible as an actor - even worse than Jean Claude van Damme.

Originally posted by ShaolinWood
    Tai Chi 2 is amazing, it's supposed to be the follow up of Tai Chi with Jet, but its a movie on its own.
    Oki, I have to see it then. Who's starring in it?

Info on Tai Chi2

Jacky Wu (Ng King), Christy Chung Lai-Tai, Mark Cheng Ho-Nam, Sibelle Hu (Wu Wai-Jung), Billy Chow Bei-Lei, Lau Shun

You can check out a review on this link:
    http://www.lovehkfilm.com/reviews/tai_chi_2.htm
    I didn't read the entire review, but I love it and I think its a super cool movie.

Enjoy!http://www.lovehkfilm.com/reviews/tai_chi_2.htm

Hey, thanks dude!