Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best ever Jet Li movie...

I like fong sai yuk 1 and 2 in cantonese, funny films

Fong Sai Yuk is great!!

I dig the woman in the movie,Jet's lover's mom, shes super funny.
    Especially the fight with her and Jet on the poles and crowd!
    Yea I dig the dialect and humour, so inocent and not all aboud sex and toilet humour like comedy nowadays!
    "If we dont worry then nothing shall worry us, only then shall we be of sound mind"

tai chi 2 is not the sequal to Tai chi master... but it is a good flick...
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

The only weird thing in Tai Chi Master was the "Head Jumping" scene..

Yea, Tai Chi2 is not the same.

He he, yea the head jumping scene was funny. I wonder how many kids out there had headaches from trying that...

The part ar the table was awesome! the "must be termites" scene! And the "rats" part with washing the clothes.
    "If we dont worry then nothing shall worry us, only then shall we be of sound mind"

Exclamation

They should a public notice in the beginning:

"Listen up, kids. Don't try jumping on your head at home. especially if the floor is linoleum-preparated, or if you've had too many beers and have to show off to your friends and girlzz"

That could've saved me from that operation..

He he good one!

They must make more Gongfu movies like that, where they don't give a rat's ass about realism and would the westerners believe this... Yea, just go buck wild!!

I'm not fan of the MOST unrealistic things in these movies, like flying, or shooting fireballs out of the palms. CTHD and Kung fu Cult-Master springs to mind..

also: in one of the Last Hero in China movies (how many are there? ) there's the big caterpillar vs. chicken style scene.. how Fugging weird can a fightscene be!
    I liked the fightscene afterwards though, the one with the eagle-claw guy.

Mmm, haven't seen that one

Yea, caterpillar style?? Ok, don't think that's on my "to-learn-list" Though I've read in a magazine once(either Kungfu Qigong or inside Kungfu) about all the known animal styles, there were some very odd ones, wonder if anyone nowadays still teaches some of those unusual ones,(not Tiger or crane) but like dog or some like that.

there was a thread about dog boxing about a week ago on the general kf forum.. Di Tang Chuan, I think it was called.

Wink Interesting, Will look into it

You're not supposed to look like a dog in the style, it's also called "ground-boxing", it's basically about tumbling around on the ground with kicks to opponents legs, Ukemi-style rolling, and some break-dance like moves. looks cool

Cool

We've done some similar stuff like that in externals a while back, wonder if it could be from that style, Its from some sort of shaolin...
    Thanx fot the info

If it's a form with ONLY these moves, then I'm a 100% sure it's Di Tang Chuan

her's a link to the thread:
    di tang

correction - chicken vs caterpillar was not Once Upon a Time in China part whatever… it was a spin-off parody type thing… Last Hero in China… a Dog Boxing style is in a Yu Rong Guang movie… Deadend of the Besiegers…
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv