Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best ever Jet Li movie...

IMO

1. Shaolin Temple - it rebuilt the modern Shaolin Temple and redefined the martial arts, not only in the movies, but in the world.

2. OUATIC2 - it added a new gesture, beggar's hand, to the vocabulary of martial arts poses (OK, well maybe that was OUATIC1 but for some reason, I like 2 better.)

3. Hero - I've only since this twice (the other's I've seen dozens of times) but it's quickly becoming one of my all time favorites. The philosophical message is dead on.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Suntzu.. I did'nt say it was a "once upon.." movie, I did say it was in last hero in china. Weird scene anyway, even if it was in a comedy movie.

I'd have to agree with Gene on Shaolin Temple, it is in my top 5 and helped the Temple out....
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

But Di Tang Chuan IS similar to Dog Boxing, right?

I personally think Fong Sai Yuk was a weird movie. I did'nt like the fight scenes.
    Is FSY based on a real person, like in the Wong Fei Hung-based movies? I heard that somewhere.

Fist of Legend is not only my fav Jet Li movie, but my fav Martial Art movie of alltime. It's what made me a Jet Li fan.

Two classic scenes, going to the dojo, and beating the hell out everone there.(especially when he throws the last student by his nuts)

Beating General Fujita with his belt!

I was watching the movie yesterday as a matter of fact, showing off the movie to my cousin, who had never seen it. He thought it was one of the best coreographed movies he had seen.

Kiss of the Dragon was very good too, I thought. Lethal Weapon 4 of course, but I wouldn't consider it a Jet Li movie. Romeo must Die wasn't half bad. It wasn't his best Martial Arts movie, but overall it was a good movie.

I like the One, because it was cool watching Bagua and Hsing- Yi.

Cradle to the Grave was the worst Jet Li movie. It wasn't Jet's fault, his scene's were very good. And Tom Arnold was very funny. but the rest of the cast sucked (except the two chicks were hot) Demascos was ok, I just thought exiting an already exploded and crashed helicopter without a scratch was kinda hoaky. There was the other black comedian (don't know his name) and he was very funny too, I think he and Tom stole the show. But there was some very cheesey lines used, and some real bad acting.

The UFC scene was kinda cool.

I'd have to agree with Gene on Shaolin Temple, it is in my top 5 and helped the Temple out....
    Word on Shaolin Temple.
    Is FSY based on a real person, like in the Wong Fei Hung-based movies? I heard that somewhere
    Yeah, and I think Pak Mei eventually killed him. Check the Southern Forum for more info on all the other guys Pak Mei beat down.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Fong Sai Yuk is up there too....
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

That scene in FSY where he fights that woman while they jump on people's heads was kinda, uuh, stupid.

I's like to see more of Jet's early works, though.

Jet Li was in a Hong Kong movie called "Deadly China Hero", I swear it is the most over the top martial arts film I have ever seen. He does a lot of room clearing fighting and the fighting rarely takes a break. I found a copy for like $7 at K-Mart, lol.