Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What the hell is a wrist roller?!

Question What the hell is a wrist roller?!

I've seen them described in text many times,but have always failed to understand how they're done, and what they look like. What I know is that is has something to do with a string and a weight. that's about it.

anyone?

oh, one of those. it looks like this
    ____
    i
    i
    i
    O
    the long line at the top is a bar. the i's are the string. and the O is the weight. the string is connected to the bar so basically u just twist the bar and the string/weight goes up.

Am I supposed to make one myself, because I've never seen one in stores?

Yes. I went to a Home Depot (any hardware store will do) and cut a dowel in half, and bought some heavy duty nylon rope. You tie one end to the dowel, and the other end to the plate (I recommend starting off with a ten pound...4.5 kg plate, it doesn't sound like much but trust me on this one). Whole rig cost about $10 US.

they are also sold in stores if you dont want to make one, a lot of people I know make their own.
    ***SONIC KICK***

I've never seen one in stores.
    Last edited by Robinf; 05-23-2003 at 08:35 AM.
    Surrender yourself to nature and be all that you are.

just build one yourself. takes about ten bucks and ten minutes*, and afterward, you'll have that neanderthal feeling of "me build thing" that makes us guys just feel dandy.

* - part of that ten minutes includes other guy activities like scratching, etc., to help fill the time.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

and afterward, you'll have that neanderthal feeling of "me build thing" that makes us guys just feel dandy.
    Yup. Exactly.

building is pretty fun
    ***SONIC KICK***

Talking

OK thanks

Oh, I forgot: how do you do the exercise? Do you hold your arm out and bend your wrist, or do you have the upper arm near your body, or what?

I tend to keep my elbows close to my sides and the stick around chest level. It's defiintely harder the straighter your arms and the higher you hold it.

There's really three ways to roll it up. When the string is on the side of the stick closest to your chest can do it palms facing. You can do it away but I don't like to.

When the string is on the otherside (the stick is in between the string and your chest) you can do palms facing and away.

Just lower the string to the ground and start rolling the stick and it pulls the weight up.
    Last edited by ewallace; 05-24-2003 at 08:19 AM.

So you hold the bar with both hands, and the string is in the middle? does the string go all the way to the floor? and to twist it, don't you have to let go of it with one hand while twisting the other one, and vice-versa? Do I ask to many questions?

Don't sweat it. Most of your questions would be answered if you just build the dang thing!

I let it go to the floor. Doing it from a balcony is quite interesting too, although somewhat unnecessary.

I can't build the thing if I don't have anything to go after! ******!

don't wanna do it from a balcony, suppose it breaks and falls down and hits someones head..