Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Wong Fei Hung

FIRE HAWK Guest

A PICTURE of WONG FEI HUNG or LEUNG JAN

Hi has anybody ever seen a picture of these to masters why is there know pictures of WONG FEI HUNG he was so famouse.And what about the famouse Wingchun master LEUNG JAN i know that sifu WONG KIEW KIT has pictures of LEUNG JAN in kung fu stances these pictures of LEUNG JAN are in some old magazine that he has i tried to get WONG KIEW KIT to show these pictures on his websites but with know luck.FIRE HAWK

NorthernMantis Guest
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] That's exactly what I was thinking!!I always wondered how Wong fei Hung looked like.

Tru-MA Guest
    I found a picture of Wong Fei Hung before, but it isn't a photo, it's a drawing...and I was a bit surprised to see what he actually looks like (hint: more like Kwan Tak Hing and less like Jet Li [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] ).
    I found it while wandering around at hungga.net

bean curd Guest
    this question has been asked before, so not to expand on it any futher, what happened, at least to the family photo's of wong fei hung, as it has been said by his wife mok wai lan, and also recorded, is that in 1924, wong fei hungs house was burnt down, and all the photo's of him where destroyed in the fire.

wong fei hung is said to have looked like the god of longevity, and also his son wong so, is a very good likeness of him

as to photo's of him, it is more than possable that those who where taught by wong fei hung do have photo's, and due to them being cherished possessions, will not show them. this is not as strange as it seems, very common in chinese martial culture.

another reason is that when wong fei hungs first son, wong how sung a.k.a wong yi sam was murdered, he went into seclution even more, this also happened in 1924.

there is in fu shan a statue of wong fei hung which has been put on many hung gar sites, so you can have a look at it.

there is also a photo that has been suspected of having wong fei hung in it, but due to the sensitivity of the issue it is not being shown publicly until further investigation, which may never been seen, due hardly anyone remembering how he actually looked.

hope this has helped

Julio Gonzalez Guest

Picture of Wong Fei Hung.

To all these who are interested. There is know pictures of wong fei hung because he never took one. He had a bad acne complexion.

Seal6 Guest

Picture

I once saw a picture of what my Sifu said may be Wong Fei Hung. He was in a group shot at some important function, who knows if this was the real McCoy we may never know. The statue in China may be our best likeness to go by.

BIU JI Guest
    Maybe he was afraid the camera would capture his spirit!a [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ƒ

CPS Guest

Photo of Wong Fei Hung

Have a look here:
    <A HREF="http://home.hetnet.nl/~cps/wongpic.htm" TARGET="_blank">http://home.hetnet.nl/~cps/wongpic.htm</A>

HA HA HA, "Everything you say, can and will be used against you" MMMM

FIRE HAWK Guest

WONG FEI HUNG PICTURE

The picture on the website does not work it does not show up when you go to the website. FIRE HAWK

vingtsunstudent Guest
    well i got the photo to come up & all i can say is that leung ting never stops amazing me at the lengths he will go to to prove his stupidity.
    if that's wong fei hung then i am bruce f'n lee.
    vts

illusionfist Guest
    That man in the picture looks a lot like WFH's 10th son, Wong So.

FIRE HAWK Guest
    I still cant get that **** picture to come up.Why wont it work. FIRE HAWK

fiercest tiger Guest

i think i gave a picture!

i have a few mags on real kung fu, from hongkong and i am pretty sure i have a group photo and wfh is in it with his wife, mok whoever.

ill have a look and scan it for you.

wong fei hung did have big ears like one of the gods. that is true i have heard this many times. ;)

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

loki Guest
    FT, I think I know the issue you are speaking of but it's not Wong Fei Hung in the photo , it's Wong Fei Hung's son. In the caption I believe they made mention that he looked very much like his father. The statement was made as if saying to the reader " since we don't have an actual photo of WFH, if you look at his son you can get an idea what he looked like." At least that's how I took it. I will look at it again when I get a chance.

NO ROAD IS AS LONG OR FILLED WITH AS MANY OBSTACLES AS THE ONE TRAVELLED BY THE CHINESE BOXER. FEW ATTEMPT TO TAKE IT . THOSE THAT REACH IT'S END ARE EVEN FEWER.

FIRE HAWK Guest
    That would be great fiercest tiger.Thanks alot FIRE HAWK