Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wong Fei Hung

To all -

I didn't intend any offense to anyone and certainly none has been taken by me here.

I did go off topic from the original post content.
    Clearly, many are passionate about Hung Kuen.

peace
    Kung Fu is good for you.

there was a typo on the other link... it should be:
    http://www.siulam.info/wongpic.htm

david
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

Thumbs down

Thats stupid, it makes me think lt paid wfh wife to say that picture was wong, wouldnt the mother know it is her son?.

Lt waited with publishing the picture untill she was dead.
    Why do you think?

According to Lee Chan Wor (student of Mok Kwei Laan and also her grandson-in-law (or something)), she clearly stated it was the son (of WFH - not her own son, she was the wive from a later marriage) when handing over the photo.

Kung lek, this reminds me. a while ago you gave an explanation of the Shaolin five animals that I found very odd. That The Tiger was the more external and the animals gradually became less so, ending with the dragon. I've never heard this explanation anywhere before and don't understand it. How is any animal more or less external than any other? Never got a respons there

Jun-erh

I tried sending you a private message regarding your query. So as to keep this topic about this topic.
    But your profile is thin and you aren't allowing for messages or e-mails.

So, send me an e-mail and I'll be happy to reply with an answer to the best of my ability. Or maybe you could start a new thread about this subject and see the responses you will get about the progressive building in five animals style.

peace
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Smile

Kung Lek, never read your definition of the five animals. Could you repeat it? Sounds spot on to me.
    Jun-erh. Do you practice the five animals?
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

guohen,

I defer to my sifu for information regarding what I know of Sil Lum Five animals Kung Fu.

The article is located here http://www.mts.net/~sillum/art2.htm

peace
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Smile Hey Kung Lek, 2 Questions if you may

Have you seen the long shaolin 5animal set in DocFaiWongs Book?, is this the standard set, or have you seen others?.

2- The Kenpo that hit the us in the 60s is from Emperado & Parker Lineage, wich stems from William Chow & James Mitose, from Hawaii!, i think off the head kenpo came from okinawa now my question Do you know if kenpo came from Shaolin 5animals, cuz most southern styles house shaolin 5animal and elder legends!?.

I have seen the book with Doc Fai Wong. It is a continuous set that covers all the animals in it much like Hung Gars' Five animal set. I believe he is a Choy li fut guy though, don't really know much about him. There are other forms of five animal Kung Fu based around the animals as mentioned. There are Silat styles, KunTao, Phillipine and Vietnamese styles of 5 animal fighting and health systems alongside the Chinese Shaolin styles, family styles and likely a style of Karate or Two that uses the template.

-Kempo
    The Chinese have been in the americas for much longer than the sixties.

It took that long for the average americans to actually start even thinking about the value of cultures from elsewhere. In the meantime, Ed Parker bumped hip and spread the word. Chinese martial arts have been in North, South, Central america, the carribean and Hawaii for more than 100 years, probably more than 150 years. These were the places where the Chinese immigrated to only to be fooled and wind up as indentured servants to the wealthy people and governments (read Portugese, British, Spanish, American, Dutch) who ran out of labour with the abolishment of slavery in Europe in the early part of the 1800's. The only way they could keep up with the demands of the plantations and the guano mines was to make empty promises to the Chinese, Phillipinos and Asian Indians and have them carted over to do the work. There were large populations of Chinese who were called "coolies" (Coolie is said to derive from either the Hindi word "kuli" meaning "burdened labor" or from the Chinese "Ku Li" meaning "bitter labour"). They were actually hardworking folks of the working class, many of whom had studied/practiced their cultural tradition of martial arts. Anyway, Kung Fu didn't come here (western hemisphere) with Bruce Lee

To the best of my knowledge, the Kempo that my sifu learned from his sifu was from Chinese who moved through indonesia, malaysia and singapore. To the best of my knowledge it is not connected to the american kempo karate of mitose and parker.

I myself was only taught elements from Kempo and instead the majority of what I was taught was Sil Lum (Shaolin) from Northern and Southern schools.

I really couldn't tell you anything about ed parker kempo karate other than what you could find in any bookstore or on the internet.

peace
    Last edited by Kung Lek; 05-12-2002 at 12:54 AM.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Smile

Thanks Kung Lek. Wes *******, Sifu did a nice job.
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

Question

(scratch, scratch), C.a.m.e.r.o.n. is a bad word? Someone needs to listen to more old George Carlin.

Wong Fei Hung

Hello,
    You can find the true Photo of Great Grandmaster Wong Fei Hung at the Wong Fei Hung Museum in Futsan, China. The father and Mother of Chiu chi ling are renowned as top students of Lam sai wing ,who in turn was a top student of Wong Fei Hung.

Grandmaster Chiu chi ling lead his international branches to visit this year "2003" .The real roots of Wong Fei Hungs Hung gar style are there in Canton and G.M. Chiu has the highest skill and knowledge to share with everyone. You can see the photo of Wong Fei Hung in the Website of Grandmaster Chiu.

Contact Chiu chi ling international Hung Gar Kung Fu Association to participate in 2004.

http://home.earthlink.net/~chiuchiling
    email:chiuchiling@earthlink.net
    " It is better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven"

I have heard that the picture that you are referring to is actually a picture of Wong Fei Hung's son and not Wong Fei Hung himself. Considering the time that he lived it would be unlikely to have a picture of that quality.

Peace.

Hey,
    Where did you hear this?? Perhaps another forum I suppose, I have been told that it is passed down to Chiu Chi ling from Wong Fei Hungs Wife Mok gwai lan, I have heard this face to face many times, I documented interviews and even Video footage (4 Hours ) of me doing one on one interviews.This is my understanding.
    Regards, Rob
    www.sillumwingchun.com
    " It is better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven"