Thread: Shaolin Soccer 2

Shaolin Soccer 2

Hey is this being filmed?
    My friend said that in the Chinese media news they are making it or are at least pursuing it.
    SS was a great movie, Id love to see more.
    ***SONIC KICK***

*cough* Wrong board *cough*

Yeah, a sequel to Shaolin Soccer would be great fun.
    "Extra inch, extra power." -Tarm Sarm

I heard a rumour about the sequel will be about a different sport. Not sure wich.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Shaolin Golf
    ***SONIC KICK***

I havent even seen previews for shaolin soccer.
    Is it good?
    WTf is it about?
    sounds really really cheesy....

"Shaolin Soccer" is a Stephe Chiao production. Zhou Xingzhi for the Chinese speakers out there. He directed and starred in this over the top outlandish satire of the kung-fu genre. He is a comic genious of the lowbrow sort. In China he's bigger than Jim Carey. "God of Cookery" is probably his best work. "King of Comedy" is a surprisingly good romantic comedy. "Chinese Odyssey" is his most popular work among most Chinese but it is a satirical version of a famous work of literature "Journey To The West" aka "Tales Of The Monkey King" and much of the humor is lost on westerners not intimately acquainted with the tale.

If there is a "Shaolin Soccer II" you need to see of it is Stephen Chiao, because otherwise it will be a waste of your time. Most likely an incredibly boring sequel capitalizing on the concept of the original but not much else. Most Chinese sequels tend to have little or nothing to do with the original. "Drunken Master" is a chop socky Shaw Brother's era flick with bad dubbing that you may have seen on Black belt Theatre. "Drubken Master II" aka "The Legend of Drunken Master" is related to the first one only in that it also stars Jakie Chan.

Good Luck.