Thread: Shuai Chiao schools?

Shuai Chiao schools?

Does anybody know of any good shuai chiao schools in milwaukee?
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

I think the closest to you is in Rockford, IL. I know that a classmate of my teacher is aound that area. But go to the www.combatshuaichiao.com page, Find Dr. Wu's e-mail, and see if he has someone he can recommend to you. He may have a student up there somewhere. But then again, he may not. Good luck in your search!

Or do what I'm doing since my teacher moved away. Find an area you'd like to live in that does have a school. Try to find a good job and relocate.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Thanks!

I'm not completely sure i want to study two arts at once. Are shuai chiao principles close to Shaolin, or would I have to get used to a completely alien system?
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

Shouldn't be a problem at all. My senior (who did 90 % of my teaching) and my other senior (who regularly terrifies me) are both accomplished in Long Fist. What style of Shaolin do you study?
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Northern.

I want to study something that focuses mainly on shorter ranges, as the shaolin is mostly long range.
    Last edited by shaolin kungfu; 05-23-2003 at 10:22 PM.

Question

I'm about to expose my ignorence.

Could someone PLEASE tell me how "Shuai Chiao" is pronounced?
    Big egos are fragile.

Where the violent see only violence, the skillfull can see skill.

"You cannot solve a problem with the same level of thinking that existed when it was created." Albert Einstein

Could someone PLEASE tell me how "Shuai Chiao" is pronounced?
    if you don't know, I'm not going to tell you.
    Mack 10 just got out of court,
    rollin through tha hood in his super sport ropin Too $hort.
    Eighteens got tha rearview mirrors vibratin

Stacey Guest
    shwy jiao, if you say it wrong "shway "it means "to sleep"

as a style it mixes with everything. If you don't know it, your martial arts is crippled.

Question What ?????????????????????

Originally posted by shaolin kungfu
    Northern.

I want to study something that focuses mainly on shorter ranges, as the shaolin is mostly long range.

Shaolin Kungfu,

How long have you been studing Bak Sil Lum (N.Shaolin)?

I ask because i trained in Bak Sil Lum for about 12-15yrs off and on.The first thing i was taught was that the longrange techniques work just as well in close.When you're in close you just extend and drive thru your opponent.

If you're new to Bak Sil Lum then maybe you were'nt taught that yet.Or if you've trained there a while you did'nt understand or your sifu did'nt explain that.

I'm not trying to pick on you just trying to help you understand that Bak Sil Lum is very effective in close also.

Although i myself now study a southern style which is very much for in close fighting.

jeff
    少林黑虎門
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
    RIP Kuen "Fred" Woo (sifu)

I don't mean that the techniques don't work in close, just that the focus seems to be more on long range. I think that's a fairly accurate statement, although it could just be my perception. I didn't mean to say that shaolin didn't have any short range techniques. Would you agree that most techniques aren't specifically for short range fighting?

Also, Shuai chiao seems to be more grappling oriented, and i think that might be something that could compliment the shaolin striking quite nicely.

Originally posted by shaolin kungfu
    Would you agree that most techniques aren't specifically for short range fighting?

Also, Shuai chiao seems to be more grappling oriented, and i think that might be something that could compliment the shaolin striking quite nicely.
    Yes,

I would agree with you on that.

I myself did not know how effective Northern Shaolin was in close until i started Black Tiger.So believe me i see your point.All those yrs that i took Northern Shaolin i really did'nt know how to use it in close.Once i started learning Black Tiger which is just for combat no fancy or pretty moves.My sifu helped me see how to use my Bak Sil Lum better.Don't get me wrong i had a couple of great Bak Sil Lum sifu's.SifuAbel here on this forum being one of them ,but i was'nt the student i am now when i was with them.

So sad to say i wasted alot of good teaching by my old sifu's.

jeff
    少林黑虎門
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
    RIP Kuen "Fred" Woo (sifu)

in the absence of a good shuai chiao school

you could take judo and get a lot of the same skill set.

Water Dragon i wonder if our teachers know each other. They both are really skilled/ ranked Shuai Chiao players and both studied long fist if i understood you correctly. Im not really into Shua Chiao though but its cool when you find a link in people.