Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yau Kung Moon?

Hybrid View

Question Yau Kung Moon?

I have no idea what this style is, any info, links, etc.?

Check out FT's site. He still hangs around here I guess. Not as active after he decided to close his school.

http://www.yaukungmun.com.au/history.htm

Thumbs up

Thanks. Nice site , FT

So it's a southern short-hand system, resembling Bak Mei, SPM, WC, etc..
    looks pretty effective

Yes the "external" side of YKM comes from Ha Hong Hung who studied CLC's Bak Mei as well as Hung Ga and Choy Li Fut. The internal part on the otherhand comes from the north...

WHAT IS YAU KUNG MUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    man where have you been

Talking

give it a rest will ya, I'm permitted to make faults
    I only heard the name, I've never seen it, that's why I ask

Hello chen zhen

Yes, YKM is an internal art some people say YKM is the founder for all dragon systems.....nothern and southern. Check out shaolin gung fu institutes webpage of dragon riding the wind, and a website called chi lin they say that they have YKM also but now the name is northern dragon.

It came from the abbot mui fa san yan and passed to Monk tit yan sum si to our grandmaster ha hon hung. its based on the Dragon twisting motions and uses the tiger as its a shaolin based art. Very soft and internal, not many people know it or have seen it!

FT

WanderingMonk - as a side note Sifu has not closed the school down. He just stopped renting out the hall we were in on a full time basis. The school has now cut down to a core group of students which is good for us and for Sifu.

Lowlynobody.

Further information can also be found at the site of 'YauGungMun Han Hon Hong Athletic Association" as headed by Ha Kwok Cheung.

http://www.hakwokcheung.com/index1.htm

Although mainly promoting the Lion Dance troupe, a small section also explains the martial arts. Interesting enough it focuses on the internal 12 Sections
    1-3 : Soft Skill 18 Double Pushing Palms
    4-6 : Soft Skill Matching Hands (Dui Shou 2-man)
    7-9 : Soft Skill Boxing (Fist)
    10-12 : Weaponry : Luk Hop Plum Blossom Left Sided Spear,
    6 Coordinations Sword, Single Waist Broadsword, 9 Rings Long Handled Broadsword etc.....

Regards
    Wu Chan Long

Some people also say YKM three internal sets is just tai chi given a slightly different look and differnt name

SHAOLIN MASTER

Hi mate,

yes, there is a article on my website with the 12 sections explained.

Crumpet,

Of course people will get jealous and never understand because they are not insiders of YKM. These people envy YKM!! I know who has said this too...... and doesnt f@cking faze me one bit. Anyways alot of systems have similar moves to all interna arts not just taiji. Now if i seen a style doing there are like pak hok chi kung i can say jesus, they have a crane beak like YKM is it??

hahahaha some f@cking people think they know YKM but havent a clue.

FT

Crumpet

Wasn't it you, that had some funny comments on SouthernFist? I'm saying...What's the deal?

I guess it's true when they say that those that speak the most usually no nothing. Thanks for proving that!

Sifuahhh,
    Whats good? Give me a call when you get the chance. Otherwise, I'll be giving you a holla 2morrow.

Buby

Poor Crumpet...

Firstly, as a troll, you have a lot to learn, the nature of your comment demonstrates only your ignorance of the martial arts.

YKM aside, to imply "tai chi" is some kind of 'weak' art demonstrates a total lack of understanding of internal power. And further to class all internal exercises into the same profile, well you do so at your peril.

Go ahead, land a lovely cross to some tai chi guys head, then prepare to cough up blood when he hits you back.

...and YKM is a lot meaner. Can't you hear Ft growling....<grin>.

SM,
    Thanks for the link to HKJ's site. Another Pearl to add to the chain. Hey FT, in the martial arts section, is that Sifu Cheung Leung in his younger years jumping through the sword?

ft: so we have to be an insider of each art to know it's history? perhaps you should take your own advice when making comments on other arts.

buby: i ain't on southernfist, but what funny comments may they be? you seem to have a knack for butt kissing FT's ass so what's up with that?

yum cha: please point out the implication that tai chi is weak? in fact i have more respect for tai chi than some bull**** art which was obviously a conglomeration of at least 3 different arts, yet claims other arts are a derivative of it! obviously with all the hoo ha i've caused i've managed to hit a nerve. ykm is alot meaner? who gives a ****. there you are implying it is more ferocious than tai chi tssk tssk! people preaching what they don't practice. back to lurking-trolling mode