Page 553 of 656 FirstFirst ... 53453503543551552553554555563603653 ... LastLast
Results 8,281 to 8,295 of 9830

Thread: This forum is on the brink of death..

Fear grips gang battlegrounds
    published: Friday | April 30, 2004

By Glenroy Sinclair, Staff Reporter

THE GANG war embroiling the south St. Andrew communities of Jones Town and Arnett Gardnes, which has prevented schools there from opening for the second day, prompted Education Minister Maxine Henry-Wilson to call an emergency meeting yesterday.

When contacted, Dorett Campbell, director of communication in the Ministry, was unable to give any information about what had transpired at the meeting.

Despite being calm yesterday, sections of the community were still gripped with tension. Heavily armed members of the security forces were seen conducting raids in the community, while residents in another section barricaded themselves in, fearing reprisal attacks.

POLICE COMBING AREA

Superintendent of Police Gary Griffiths, head of the Kingston West Police Division, was seen leading from the front in the community. The officer said the police were combing the area in search of "the trouble makers".

"Today we picked up one person who has been implicated in a murder," Supt. Griffiths said.

Several other men were taken into custody and a number of motorcycles seized during the operation. The commanding officer said everything was being done to ensure that residents were comfortable in their homes.

POINT OUT THE PERPETRATORS

Reports are that on Wednesday, a number of neighbouring housing schemes were invaded by gunmen who beat and chased dozens of persons out of their homes, accusing them of being informers and spies for rival gangs.

Senior Superintendent Calvin Benjamin said if the reports are true and the victims can identify the perpetrators, they will be dealt with in accordance with the law.

At the root of the conflict between the factions is well known area leader George Phang, alias 'Pepper'. Members of the wider community have accused him of unfair dealings. Speaking with The Gleaner yesterday, Mr. Phang described the allegations against him by the various quarters as "petty jealousy".

"Me is a man all for peace," said Mr. Phang. He said that criminal elements in the wider community were "doing everything to disrupt the peace." According to Mr. Phang, several dates have been scheduled for meetings to be held with the warring factions.

Meantime, Paul Burke, former chairman of the People's National Party's Region Three, confirmed that factions in Jones Town attended a meeting Wednesday evening and that Mr. Phang pleaded with the residents of the community not to retaliate. "The matter is being dealt with by the Member of Parliament and chairman of Region Three, Dr. Omar Davies," Mr. Burke said.

wasn't there a big riot over there not so long ago? this must infect tourism no?
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

As you know 9/11 made a significant immediate impact on the airline industry worldwide. So naturally thereafter there was a decrease in the level of tourist influx, this had little to do with, what you might recall those riots, i believe it may have been in 99.

Anyway to answer your question, No. Tourism here has been steadily booming, and last year was a pretty good year as far as that goes.

Kingston / St. Andrew aren't really touristy areas. Most of the chaos that occurs takes place in Kingston/ St. Andrew, and the neighbouring parish of St. Cathrine (Spanish Town, Portmore).

which isn't to say that stuff doesn't happen elsewhere but alot of it is gang related and based in the inner city communites of the above mentioned.

Good. You get a kinda negative image because newspapers never writes anything positive. It's the same world-wide... always looking for head lines

these thugs, they live in a ****ing paradise. go to the beach and chill, seriously
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

"these thugs, they live in a ****ing paradise. go to the beach and chill, seriously "

you'd think this were the case right...jeez...
    maybe one day they'll see the light.

Talking

Originally posted by Kristoffer
    lmfao
    http://www.media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=aicha.wmv
    LMFAO!!!!!!!

what a bytch

it's painfull, embarrasing AND funny to watch

can't seem to open it for some reason.

10. That kid seems pretty normal
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

Originally posted by Starchaser107
    can't seem to open it for some reason.
    open the link and then righ-click the link posted there. or did you mean you d/l it and couldnt open it? coz then i dunno why.

Originally posted by shaolin kungfu
    That kid seems pretty normal
    nah.. he was a pretty good dancer, ive not seen everybody dance like dat

btw that song he was doing a cover over (haha) was a danish pop song that was pretty popular a couple years ago. by some ethnic band.

12. Thumbs up

I have been so impolite,I should have contributed somehow.
    So hello -times -5.

Chen,did you see the game?

Kangaroo wins award

Updated: 2:35 p.m. ET April 28, 2004CANBERRA

- A kangaroo named Lulu is to receive a national bravery award after raising the alarm to save an Australian farmer knocked unconscious by a fallen tree branch.

Hobby farmer Leonard Richards was checking for storm damage on his property at Tanjil South, 150 km (93 miles) east of Melbourne, last September when he was hit by a falling branch.

In a story reminiscent of the long-running Australian children’s television series Skippy, in which a kangaroo rescued people in distress in the Australian bush, Lulu began barking until Richards’ wife came to investigate, said the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA).

She found her husband lying unconscious under a tree about 200 meters (650 feet) from the house, guarded by the kangaroo. Richards was taken to hospital to be treated for minor head injuries.

The RSPCA has given Lulu its animal valor award to recognize the kangaroo’s heroic act with a certificate to be presented to Richards at a ceremony next month.

“What she did really was exceptional,” RSPCA spokeswoman Jenny Hodges said on Wednesday.

Lulu was reared by the Richards family, who rescued her from her mother’s pouch and fed her on bottles after her mother was killed by a car over four years ago.

14. Thumbs up

That´s a great story.Read it from a paper a few days back.
    Australians should value their kangaroos,not slaughter them like savages.

Hobby farmer

Does he farm model cars, or why the hell would you farm as a hobby? Hmm, know what sounds like fun, waking up at 4 in the morning and going out and pinching some cow nipples, or maybe today, I'll throw some bales of hay around.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread