Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ma Huang/Ephedra Banned

Hydroxy Cut's original formula is going off the market to be replaced by an ephedra free verison. This goes for a number of other weightloss brands.

I see it as Sevenstar did a bunch of posts back. Dumb people screw it up for the people who use it with responsibility. Same went for Kava Kava.

Cheers
    Regards

or krav maga.

I'm wondering if it will work without the ephedra.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Mahuang banned in California now

Seruiously, where does it end? The herb itself is not very harmful form what I can see, so long as it's not concentraited down and mixed with Caffine like these fat loss herbal stack products. Why is everyone banning it? Wouldn't it make more sense to ban the combination?
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Royal,

That because politicans know what is best for you and me.

Would you care for some soylent green?

Man did I sound like a liberal above or what
    Regards

someone is probably losing money somewhere.

The AMA is very threatened by Chinese Herbology and has a lot of money. Same with the pharmaceutical industry.

As Royal Dragon stated, the problem isn't the Ma Huang, it is the way it is used and combined.

Time to protect people from their own stupidity.

The problem with today's society is that we aren't stopping the Darwinian principals of survival of the fittest. We keep saving the lives of the idiots and they keep procreating.
    Got Lineage?

Originally posted by red5angel
    someone is probably losing money somewhere.
    nah, just spending it on a lobbyist to further an agenda.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Has anyone seen the possible "fat tax"? I am not sure if this is just Minnesota or not but they are seriously considering putting a tax on foods with a certain fat content!
    Thats all I need is someone telling me what I can eat, or making me pay more for food because some fat@ss out there can't control himself. I don't need any regulating, why should I have to pay? On top of that I am free thinking human being with my own idea on how to live.

The problem with today's society is that we aren't stopping the Darwinian principals of survival of the fittest. We keep saving the lives of the idiots and they keep procreating.
    err, except that you contradict yourself.... I'll agree to what you were trying to say....
    And if you didn't put that n't in there, I'd say I couldn't have said it better myself.

What is next, them not letting us have chinese only martial arts tournies in NY...... Oh, wait.

Them not structuring the budg....errr, maybe I won't go there this time.

Ma Huang is good for some stuff, bad with others, they could have just banned ephedra or something....
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

First off, Ephedra IS Mahuang.

Second, as for the banning, it's pretty traditional for Chinese martial arts practiioners to have a glass of tea containing Ginseng or Mahuang or other herbs before practice. Often it's a shot of "Training wine" that contains any number of herbs, including Mahuang for it's abilit to boost respitory efficiency, soaked in rice wine for a few months. The use of herbals in the Chinses arts is just as much a part of the art as forms, sparring and Qi Gong.

Also, Mahuang is the herb that Ephidrine, pseoduephedrine and several other constituents that are commonly used in asthma and allergy medication found over the counter in your local Walgreens. How do they work THAT now?

For the Women:

+ = & a

12. Thumbs up

"The problem with today's society is that we aren't stopping the Darwinian principals of survival of the fittest. We keep saving the lives of the idiots and they keep procreating."

Iīm sure you meant vice versa.

As for mahuang,does it really matter?
    It has taken enough lives already,indirectly or directly.
    I feel confident saying that there is nothing in that herb that you canīt get elsewhere.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

It has taken enough lives already,indirectly or directly.

Reply]
    No, the missuse of it by super concentraiting it, mixing it with an agent that greatly enhances it's effect (Caffine) and sellling it as a "Weight loss" product has killed people. The herb itself is actually very benifficial to practice as it greatly improves breathing capacity, and thereby endurance. If you use it in the traditional mannor, it's completely harmless. It only becomes dangerous when it is artificially concentrated, and mixed with Caffine.

Also, It has been used in products such a sudefed as a decongestant for many decades without incedent, let alone death. ONLY when super concentrated and used in these "Herbal Stacks" for weight loss has it been a problem.

I think a better solution would be to bann it's concentraion beyond a certian point, and the mixing of it with Caffine (Herbally Guranna).

That way, "I" could continue to saftly use it in the traditional mannor, and the ass wipes making "Hydroxi cut" would be forced to stop killing people with it.

It's no different than water, it can give or take life depending on it's use. The herb is not Evil here, only it's intentional misuse to make $$$ on weight loss scamms.

For the Women:

+ = & a

14. Thumbs up

I think Iīll take the water...
    No risk,may not develop my breathing capacity but will keep me from dehydration and aid me in weight loss.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Royal,

That because politicans know what is best for you and me.

Would you care for some soylent green?

Man did I sound like a liberal above or what
    This from the guy who practically bit the head off anyone suggesting decriminalizing pot isn't such a bad idea?

What's the diff between the gov't banning ephedra/mahuang and doing the same for pot?
    Last edited by Chang Style Novice; 06-10-2003 at 01:47 PM.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.