Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ma Huang/Ephedra Banned

Ephedrine (~mahuang) and pseudoephedrine are not the same thing. Similar, but not the same. At the molecular level, they are mirror images of each other, stereo isomers I believe. I'm sure
    Former Castleva can dig up someone's PhD thesis on the subject if he felt compelled to
    Last edited by looking_up; 06-11-2003 at 09:14 AM.

2. Thumbs up

Sure...

Whatīs up with misspelling my screenname btw?
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

I have no idea what you are talking about.

He he he he, I saw that looking_up................you sneak!
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

5. Thumbs up

Sorry looking_up.
    Apparently I misread my own screenname.
    This is great.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

No, he edited it when we weren't look'n (That sneak!! ) . In the original, he switched up the "E" and the "L".
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

7. Thumbs up

Ha! Got him.

Thanks for pointing that out.
    I had hard time believing it myself.

-FC, summer of 2006-

Sorry about the typo on my darwinian theory. Brain think but finger no type.

Former Whatever-you-were

Enjoy the water, but I'm with RD for once. Herbs are a big part of my training. Ma Huang has been in my Jow's and in my tea's and it serves its purpose.

As usual, people screw up and die because they think that if a little bit is good, a lot must be better.
    Got Lineage?

It does say that the post was edited...guilty as charged. All in good fun, of course.

BSH,
    Yeah, alot of people use them. I have a rather powerful training formula I have been useing whenever I'm in a flat spot for a good decade now. I wonder how it's going to work without the Mahuang in it. The sad part is my formula is very smooth, no heart palpataions, no shakieness, no insomnia. You just feel nicely energised, and your strength and endurance improves nicely. It's totally harmless, both to me, and anyone around me, yet one of the more important indredients of it, Mahuang is going to be illegal becasue a bunch of corporate Ass holes want to take the herb mahuang, concentrate it like 20 times what it's suposed to be, mix it with Caffine that enhances it's effect even further just so people can loose weigth and almost die.

I spoke to the Attournies that filed the original suit yesterday, and they say that a complete bann on it nationwide is expected with in 3 months.

I spent about 4 hours yesterday contacting every wholesale bulk herb dealer I could find, and no one has it. It kooks like they have been dumping it for months now in anticipation ofthe new laws. Finnally I found one supplier in a state where it's not an issue..........Yet, and bought out thier last 5 pounds of it. Even then, they won't be ordering it anymore because a large amount of thier clients are in states where banns are in the works.

What sucks, is every year some member of my family gets what can only be described as the "Death cough" that hangs on for like a month. NO western medicine helps with this, period. I gave up trying both over the counter, and presription cold remedies and antibiotics don't seem to do squat for it. but I was able to develop an herbal formula that knocks it right out of your system in like 3 days or faster. Mahuang is a key ingredient due to it's drying properties. Now it's going to be going back to coughing up flem for a month out of the year again.

I'm writting a letter to my congresman today. I'm hoping it may do some good. heck, if it's just illegal to sell, but possesion is not illegal then I can import it at least.

The problem here, is I support banning products like Hydroxi cut because the combination of Mahuang and caffine is very deadly, especially in the doseges found in those "Herbal weight loss stacks"

I wonder if Chinese hebalists will be able to prescribe Mahuang to their patients at least??
    Last edited by Royal Dragon; 06-12-2003 at 05:33 AM.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Royal

I disagree with the ephedrine/caffeine being lethal, at least at the correct doses, as long as it is used as part of a diet and exercise program. The typical ECA (ephedrine, caffeine, aspirin) stack is 20-25 mg of ephedrine, 200mg Caffeine, and around 80mg of aspirin. Of course if people don't follow correct doses they can get in big trouble. But if you hang around the gas pumps for too long you can get in trouble as well. Maybe we should lobby for gasoline to be made illegal?

This article may be of interest to you:

http://www.toxinfo.com/IJO_Ephedrine_Article.pdf

It pretty much states that at the correct doses a combination of ephidrine and caffeine have good results in weight loss, as well as reduction of cholesterol with minimal side effects.

You know what, I've used stacks, and I've used it the traditional way. The stack always make me feel like my heart is going to burst, at HALF the bottles recomended dosage (Hydroxi Cut)

The stack is dangerous in my opinion. I have researched this, and I somewhat understand the effects mixing caffine and Mahuang have on the body, and I am convinced it is a deadly mix, especially if taken long term, or in the kind of doses found in common weight loss concentrates. Hydroxi Cut for example recomends a daily dose of 334 mg of Mahuang, and 910 of Guranna (Herbal source of caffine). I have this stuff on my desk as we speak.

Your *20* mg's is like what you'd get form a cup of tea made from a teaspoon of raw dried herb.

For the Women:

+ = & a

But when you first started did you take the full dose? You shouldn't. If the serving size is 2 capsules you should only take 1 for the first week to get your body accustomed to it. These things, like many supplements, need to be cycled.

I thought that article may give you some ammo should you contact your state reps.

Yeah, I took LESS than the recomended dosage.

here's the thing, if you use Mahuang, and you get shakey your heart races, and your so hyper your bouncing off the walls, you OD'd. I don't care WHAT the recomended doseag on the bottle is. Mahuang is not a weight loss drug, it's for improving breathing capacity. In order to loose weight with it, you have to risk taking toxic levels. This is my assesment of the situation based on my research, and use of the herb both traditionally, and in the modern pill form in energisers, and weight loss stacks. I fully support banning those products. Or products containing large doses of the herb mixed with Caffine. It IS deadly, and has Killed quite a number of peopel. THAT'S why it's getting banned.

What the state rep does not realise is the normal traditional use of the herb in a training formula, or herbal decongestant does not use such high amounts, and is not dangerous or harmful, and can even be considred bennificial when used as a training aid.

I have a letter drafted, I'm sending it today.

For the Women:

+ = & a

I'm using my own stack right now, but it's from pure ephedrine and caffeine. 12.5mg of e and 100 or c for a week or so until I get used to it, and then I will double it and take it twice a day only.

No jitters or heart racing here. But I will drop the stack if they come on.