Thread: Lifting when youre sore

Lifting when youre sore

Is it ok to do it?
    For traditional kung fu go to http://www.taishingpekkwar.com

No.

The reason they are sore is 'casue they are repairing, 'cause you damaged them 'cause you were lifting heavy things to get stronger or bigger or both, and if you want to achive these goals then you should let your muscles heal.

Rest is one of the most important parts of weight lifting/training in general. Not to mention diet, supplements, or water. (oops, i mentioned them..)

strike!

Thanx
    For traditional kung fu go to http://www.taishingpekkwar.com

hmm

I always thought that the soreness was from the rubbing of hardened lactic acid built up in the muscles from anaerobic respiration.....
    If you flow like water than no obstacle is infallable.

Re: hmm

Originally posted by ryuujin
    I always thought that the soreness was from the rubbing of hardened lactic acid built up in the muscles from anaerobic respiration.....
    You're right. You need to rest, but soreness is not necessarily a sign that rest is needed. You need to rest even if you are not sore and it is sometimes ok to lift while you are still sore as long as you did rest for an appropriate amount of time. A good rule of thumb is to stretch on the days you are resting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.