Thread: Matt Furey

Matt Furey

Has anybody bought/tried Matt Furey's conditioning or wrestling products? If so, what's your opinion?
    -ZC
    "Whole body become secret weapon." -Uncle explaining the benefits of Kung Fu.

"The thorn *****s only those who would harm the rose."

none of his personal products, but he links to lifeline for his cables. after waiting three months for mine to come (supposedly the handle supplier was screwing lifeline over ...), i like 'em -- lotsa. i got the TNT cables and with just the standard level of resistance, i found they work quite well. i'm still figuring out ways to make them more versatile. my only concern with them is indeed the handles -- they seem like they'll be the weak point of the cables and i'm not confident that they won't break over time. otherwise, i like the things, and i'm happy i don't have to carry my dumbbells anymore when i travel.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

His stuff is way overpriced for stuff you could for find for free on the internet. Here's a better site:

www.trainforstrength.com

Scrapper has a bunch of free workouts on his site also.

Lung is correct. I prefer Scrappers stuff as well. To be honest though, Combat Conditioning and Combat Abs weren't bad books. Furey is pretty much a snake oil salesman as far as everything else goes.

Thumbs up

Scrapper's stuff is great. His sandbag workout in particular really kicks my @ss!!
    Big egos are fragile.

Where the violent see only violence, the skillfull can see skill.

"You cannot solve a problem with the same level of thinking that existed when it was created." Albert Einstein

here's a piece I found on another thread that talks about Furey's
    combat conditioning.

The fitness stuff Furey's selling isn't bad quality, but it is almost universally available for free elsewhere, and he charges a mint for it.

The technique stuff... well, he has a string of articles where he claimed to be learning techniques from the ghost of Farmer Burns. I'd take anything he says about technique with a salt lick.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn