Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu in Florida

Kung Fu in Florida

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows an excellent Kung Fu Sifu teaching under reasonable priced tution, right now I cant afford more than $50 bucks a month for it. Internal or External would do, either one. I live around Hollywood, Pembroke Pines, Ft. Lauderdale area. Thank you so much.
    Milia Macerusk

"Extra inch, extra power." -Tarm Sarm

I think there are a few good schools in the area, any idea of what style/s you would like to study, or have interest in? What type of stuff are you looking for (other than cheap)?
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Beggars cant be choosers. lol. Mostly internal is good, external would suffice as well. But I suppose any good Kung Fu art that amalgams Strikes and Chin Na. Because where I live right now, lol, and the rate of tuition that Im looking for, I dont have the luxury choosing any style I want. But.... I wanna stay away from Wing Chun and Eagle Claw. lol. But a good school with an excellent teacher I guess.

*Did I mention I dont live in Miami anymore, I moved to Hollywood, so only areas around there, like Pembrokes Pines, Ft. Lauderdale (not too far from downtown Hollywood), etc.
    Last edited by StickyHands; 05-27-2003 at 01:47 PM.
    Milia Macerusk

I have a question, if Shaolin Kung Fu branches out to Praying Mantis, Choy Li Fut, Lohan, Hung Gar, etc, different styles and system, then how can it be its own respective style as well? Like I hear people referring to it as Northern Shaolin or Southern Shaolin? Thanks. And Im still looking for a school.
    Milia Macerusk

Shaolin was a place. It has produced styles named after it and styles that aren't but still come from the same place.

Is N. Miami too far for you?

Smile

Good luck finding a school. Sifu Abels suggestion should be good. North Miami is a short drive. Just saying howdy as I used to live at 7 Arther St. in Hollywood and work at the Hemmingway on Dixie Highway.
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

Just curious, how come no eagle claw? The budgeting might get in the way of going to some schools. There are a few good schools in the area as I understand it too.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

I guess depends on which part of N. Miami, Im still open to any kind of suggestions. As for Eagle Claw, it's highly expensive here and seems demonstrative Wushu-ish to me, and Wing Chun doesnt encompass Chin Na as I believe. I already know of the two Choy Li Fut schools, and the Nee's Kung fu (Eagle Claw), around the Broward area, and they are overratingly inflated. lol. But is there any other? Again, thank you so much.
    Milia Macerusk

Eagle claw has tons of locks dude
    "108 locking hand techniques"
    If you want chin na then you should look into eagle claw... if its budget friendly anywhere.

An eagle claw school will be chin-na heaven, if it's chin-na you're into.

Nee's split up from what I understand (or something like that?)....

You could try the new school too, as they are looking for new students, maybe you could come to an arrangement. Just a thought. Other than those, I don't know any other schools down there, but I'll be there in a week, and will let you know what I find. Sifu Abel knows a bunch of the people down there (if I remember correctly) he could be a good resource.
    practice wu de

Well not just China Na, but I prefer a good balance. They have split? I didnt know that. Ya I'd like to hear Mr. Abel would say. Thanks. I like your icon Shaolin-Do. LOL.
    Last edited by StickyHands; 05-28-2003 at 05:19 PM.
    Milia Macerusk

Yeah Nee and his wife divorced is the word around. His school is a bit "chop suey". Kind of a mixture of different things with some wushu. He does study with Lily Lau, although the school is not pure eagle claw.

I don't think you will find anything in the $50 price range unless you only want to go once a week. Most are in the $70-$80 range.

Peace.