Thread: Side press

Side press

I recently got Power to the People! and I was reading the side press description. Are there animations of an entire rep online? Or if someone here who knows how to do it can give me a more detailed description?
    Last edited by iron thread; 05-26-2003 at 09:59 PM.
    Let people make mistakes; it's the easiest way to learn and remember what not to do.

There are a few of us here that can answer questions that you have.

http://home.attbi.com/~joandbryce/power.htm

It's the one labeled 135# 1 arm C&P on the top of the page.

How much do you have to lean when you press? The book mentions the hoisting of the barbell that may require good barbell collars. What if that isn't my decision, ie. of a gym.? Are there other ways i can get the barbell on my shoulders safely?
    Let people make mistakes; it's the easiest way to learn and remember what not to do.

That looks like some dangerous exercising!
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

lean as far as you want. And I don't have a copy of PTP with me, but doesn't Pavel show you how to get it on your shoulders?

My Power Pushup 2 allows my to train a double side press, without leaning over to the side - just stand, grab the handles and push out. It's a slightly different exercise, of course. I think it's good for shoulders and triceps.

Last edited by abobo; 07-01-2003 at 09:58 AM.

What's the difference between the bent press and the side press?

My understanding is that in the side press you don't have to corkscrew the weight up and down. Also, in the end position your body won't be vertical.

thanks