Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OT: Canada again

Me and Kung Lek agree on something political!!

Makes me want to sing...."We are the world....we are the children."
    Regards

Originally posted by Black Jack
    Me and Kung Lek agree on something political!!
    A sure sign that the end is coming.

BlackJack, should your views take hold, I fully expect you to take advantage of all the good, new jobs available. 12 hour days for $ 1.50/hour with no vacation or benefits is one heckuvan opportuntiy for any Godd Native Born American. And be careful, I want no dirt on my grapes and my fork best be clean.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Thats the point. Americans will stop getting ripped off and the buck will come back around to them. It's unfair that company A can break the law and hire 12 illegals for the price of one quater pounder with cheese and company B who does not break the law gets shafted on a cleaning or construction contract because he chooses to hire tax paying Americans instead and can not afford the low-ball deal company A is bidding.

I am ALL for people to come over here and be a part of our country. ALL FOR IT. Just do it through the proper legal channels.
    Regards

Almost all those problems with illegal immigration would be eliminated if we got rid of welfare and associated programs!

But all of the potential advantages would remain.

blackjack

The US government just gave over a billion dollars to US companies that had left the US and gone to Bermuda in order to avoid paying taxes in the US. Yet they still get US government cash. Is this just or fair?
    US pays offshore firms $1 billion
    "Bermuda and the Caymans are the favoured destinations
    Companies which have moved offshore to avoid paying US taxes are making a billion dollars a year from US government contracts, an Associated Press investigation has found.
    The figure marks an 18% increase over the most recent comparable data, collected in 2001 by Democratic staffers on the House of Representatives Ways & Means Committee."

and this

Corporations using offshore tax dodges are deserting America in a time of trouble, says the Bermuda Project. As Americans prepare to pay their taxes, corporate fat cats are abandoning our country to avoid paying their fair share. http://www.thebermudaproject.com/

I am more talking about American small business owners.
    Regards

ok

But do you like your government rewarding the big companies with your tax dollars when they have left the US?