Thread: Shi Yan Ming detained in China???

Eddie Guest

Shi Yan Ming detained in China???

I was told by a friend that Shi Yang Ming was detained in China, after he went back to compete in the Zheng Zhao festival earlier this month. Does anyone have any info on this?

Also, is there anyone with an update on how the tournament went? Maybe some results?

shaolinboxer Guest

Is that true?

Anyone know if that's true (Yan Ming has been Detained)

charliec Guest
    You could ask on Russbo or ShaolinWolf, they're the hauntings of Yan Ming's pupels.

---
    For those entering the
    realm of Wu with their
    mind on Ch'an, the
    silent smile awaits
    them. - Ch'au-Lu
    www.thousandbuddha.org

TatewakiKuno Guest
    im not 100% sure but I do believe he came back no problem.

In the state where the mind, body and soul unite to transcend the power of enlightenment, the teachings of the zen believe the human spirit embodies the ability to master any domain. The desire to challenge the mind,the drive to push the limits and the motivation to defy the status quo. For all walks of life, the search for identity and wisdom begins with the attitude of the mind...

Stumblefist Guest

Strange responses: hehe.. politics abound

I asked on Russbo: 2 responses:
    "By Anon
    Sifu Shi Yan-Ming has returned safely to NYC. His students are asked not to trade in rumors. Amitabha.

By Ted :
    So I guess something did happened?"
    --------------------------------------------

"Stumblefist, you are EVIL - the destroyer of the Dharma."

XiaoLong Guest
    Last year the abbot didn't want to speak to Yan Ming. He doesn't support him or his school.

GeneChing Guest

Return to Shaolin 2001

During this most recent visit, Shi Yanming met with Venerable Shi Yongxin. I wasn't there for the meeting, but I'm told it went well. Yanming wasn't cast out of the temple or anything like that.
    Coincidentally, I also ran into him and his group at the Beijing airport when we were both leaving. There was some difficulty since his citizenship status still has some ambiguities, but I have it on good authority that he has made it back to NY fine.

Gene Ching
    Asst. Publisher
    Kungfu Qigong Magazine & www.KUNGFUmagazine.com

Shaolindynasty Guest
    I was wondering how his citezenship works since he "escaped" one of the shaolin tours to live here? I have some "illegals" as freinds and they can't leave the country cause they won't get back in, but Yan Ming owns the USA shaolin temple doesn't he? Maybe he is a legal resident. Shi Yan Ming has alot of negative rumors around him doesn't he? I guess the abbot doesn't support him cause of his WuTang friends huh :rolleyes: Some people just need to grow up.

New classes New online Catalog
    www.shaolindynasty.cjb.net

Abstract Guest

why

can someone please explain to me WHY everyone either disses Shi Yan Ming or think he's amazing? I've never PERSONALLY met or seen him, but he looks to me like the genuine article. :confused:

from what I've read about him & what he written as far as articles & so forth, he seems morethan legit to me....i dunno.. :confused:

TatewakiKuno Guest
    I'm assuming some people diss him because there are rumors that he was exiled from shaolin. Its true that he wasn't to close with them for awhile (for a few years after he escaped from the tour) but its different now. He is highly accepted by shaolin now along with the rest of the martial arts community. Hes the real thing plus some!

Shaolindynasty Guest
    I am in the "I think he's awesome catagory"

New classes New online Catalog
    www.shaolindynasty.cjb.net

fajinpower Guest

Hmm...

So does anyone know about Shi Yan Ming leaving behind his wife, and two sons in China? Just a rumor I hear.

Also, does monk eats meat, drinks alcohol, sex, and be aggressive with hot temper?

Or-Me-Tor-Fu! :confused: